Author Topic: Project currently underway  (Read 2350 times)

soo

• Crew
  • Respect: +107
Project currently underway
« on: June 07, 2007, 10:14:48 AM »
 Howdy all,,, Since I now have a 3rd shift job and 4 days off during the week, I have time to work on the trains some.

I am thinking about a garage sized two level layout. Recently I have gotten some wonderful Atlas cd 55 products, along with my hand laid turnouts I am on my way to having my empire.

The first two pictures show the #6 hand laid turnouts using the fast tracks fixture. One is un-painted, ( no kidding) and the second is painted with a Krylon spray bomb.  Under their camoflauge paint line,, Brown 8142.

Here are two side by side along with Atlas track, already painted brown

Here are some overall shots. These are buildings that I currently use on the old layout in the same area.

1. I might replace the elevator with a LPG dealer/plant
 2. The mill in the rear might give way to a warehouse/ manufacturing plant building flat.
 3. The tank farm is sitting in area that could be used to expand Badger Paper Company with tall buildings and whole bunch of tanks, piping and stuff.

As you can tell I like switching. I am thinking about placing two more locations of switching like this on the new WBTR/SOO

Here is a plan that freind of mine came up with for the lower level,,, this plan is subject to change. As is everything in life.LOL

Any input will be considered and maybe even used,,,,lol

Adios Wyatt
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 10:45:06 AM by soo »

Caleb Austin

• Crew
  • Respect: +522
Re: Project currently underway
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 12:18:15 PM »
Nice! I love the turnouts :D

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +2100
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 02:23:48 PM »
What with all the switchers we now have in N , that great industrial area should be a ball to shuttle cars around . If you feel like it , you could make alternate industries for some of those sidings . Today its business A , tomorrow its B . Just lift one out and plop the other in its place . Not easy to hide the joints , but its been done before IIRC .

Richie Dost

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +2894
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 05:53:30 PM »
Wyatt .. .. why do you not use roadbed?

Wlal13again

• Crew
  • Respect: +19
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 08:26:11 PM »
Nice job Wyatt...
You`ll never find a Philly cheese steak on a menu in Philadelphia. It`s called a cheesesteak and we all know where it`s from...

soo

• Crew
  • Respect: +107
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 09:35:06 PM »
Thanx for the comments guys!!

John,,,, the reason that you do not see any roadbed is that I am test fitting first. Once I get the final plan down,, I will use cork. As the last layout did not have a ballast profile,,, this one will.

Now I just need to buy stock in new rail models,, cause I am going to need plenty of the blue points.LOL

Adios Wyatt