Author Topic: This weekend  (Read 1737 times)

Wlal13again

• Crew
  • Respect: +19
This weekend
« on: May 25, 2007, 06:11:33 PM »
 This weekend while you`re enjoying your days off, cooking hot hot dogs or spending time trackside like I am. Take a moment to reflect on this holiday. I know this is said every year at this time. But it`s something I believe cant be stressed to highly. Go to a parade if you can, a flag ceremony, or just thank a veteran you know for his service, and say a little thank you in your prayers for those who made the ultimate sacrifice fighting for freedom. And as a special request, if you happen to meet a WWII Vet this weekend, take the time to learn his name, what outfit he was with and what ToO he was in. Why you ask? All he or she did was save the world....
You`ll never find a Philly cheese steak on a menu in Philadelphia. It`s called a cheesesteak and we all know where it`s from...

shortliner

Re: This weekend
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 02:13:02 AM »
Ora J. Thompson
US Army Air Corps
1942-1945

RIP 1996

Gregory W. Thompson
US Army
1980-1984, 1990-1992
Operation Desert Storm
still with us.....

Those folks are my father and brother, respectively. I could name a list of uncles that were in Korea and WWII, and two cousins that served in Vietnam and a cousin that was in a missile silo in the late 1960s and early 1970s. I don't want to take up any more space than necessary, though....but from my heart, I thank each and every one of those men.

It's OK to dislike war, but never OK to dislike the warrior.

Iain

• Crew
  • Na sgrìobhaidh a Iain
  • Respect: +346
    • The Best Puppers
Re: This weekend
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 04:50:05 PM »
I know I shall have patriotic music going on the morrow.  *Goes off singing She Wore a Yellow Ribbon*
Thanks much,
Mairi Dulaney, RHCE
Member, Free Software Foundation and Norfolk Southern Historical Society

http://jdulaney.com