Author Topic: Huberts  (Read 3568 times)

ljudice

Huberts
« on: May 19, 2007, 10:18:01 PM »
Anyone have any updates on how Huberts is doing with respect to putting the N-scale LBF stuff back on the market?

I check most of the N-scale e-tail sites and I haven't seen much evidence of anything happening...

Would like to see the 65' gons re-run and the corrugated 52' gons in N...

(note, I have seen some stuff on E-bay, but not sure if it's really LBF overstock???)

bobcat

Re: Huberts
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 08:48:32 AM »
The only place I have seen with Huberts stuff available is a seller on ebay by the name northincbay, North Hobby Depot. He only has an ebay store and the prices to me are high.

I think at least some of it is new. I had seen he had a CP Rail 60' Hi-Cube boxcar in red paint, like the CP holiday train. I don't remember LBF doing it. At $17 a car plus $7.05 shipping(and that was before the postal hike), I passed.

ljudice

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 11:19:51 AM »
Bob, LBF did that car - I have a couple from 2-3 years ago...

Lou

David Leonard

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 02:12:25 PM »
I obtained one of Huberts gons back in March, so some stuff is available at least.  LBF as a trade name has been dropped, however, so anything labelled LBF is old stock.  Cf. http://forum.atlasrr.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=36780

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +7955
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 02:15:41 PM »
I saw these guys @ the Timonium show a month or so ago.

They really seem to be trying to crawl out from the LBF pall.

I saw they had the shorter mill gons. I was tempted but needed to do some research on schemes first. Plus I already have a ton of gons.

But all in all, I think they seem like a class act this far. I just hope they keep it up.

3rdrail

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 03:22:14 PM »
Of the e-tailers websites that I peruse regularly, only George Canham of Wig-Wag has a listing for Hubert's. When you get into the listing, Wig-Wag only has Coalporters. Pete Postel at Brooklyn Locomotive Works still shows LBF, but no gondolas, so he's got old stock.

Others may have their differences with those two merchants, but they both try to stock a broad range of N scale items, so if they don't have any, they must not be easily obtained, IMHO.

bobcat

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 03:25:29 PM »
Bob, LBF did that car - I have a couple from 2-3 years ago...

Lou

I guess that was about the time my pusher stopped carrying LBF due to issues with them. I had not seen the CP car branded as LBF.

Nelson

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 05:47:52 PM »
Walthers doesn't carry their line yet, so that makes them almost unknown to most LHS's.
They have contact info on their site and suggest you contact them to find a dealer (and also state they are looking for distributors):
http://www.hubertsmodelrailroadcorp.com

POVC

• Crew
  • Respect: +25
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2007, 10:14:22 PM »
As Ed has already mentioned, Hubert's had some tables at the last (April) Great Scale Model Train Show (Howard Zane's show) at Timonium.  I talked to him quite a bit, as he came over and asked BANTRAK if we would run some of his cars for him to help promote them, by showing them on a layout.  I agreed to help him and ran some of his Hi-Cube boxcars both days.

He is really trying to jump start the line again; I know he spent a good part of the show trying to sign up new dealers.  He was also selling to the general public; unfortunately as the manufacturer he had to charge full MSRP.  I ended up buying 6-50' CSX "Big Blue" hi-cubes and 6-60' Lancaster & Chester Hi-cubes.

He has some new runs on the 60" hi-cubes (L&C, NS, CSX) and a bunch of new 52' mill gondolas (all with loads).

He is also starting to work on new tooling for future releases and was looking for suggestions; if you have something you'd like him to do I'd email him the suggestion.  I suggested doing 86' Hi-cube autoparts cars.   :)

Tim Nixon

Denver Road Doug

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
    • Mockingbird Industrial
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2007, 11:52:21 PM »
At WGH in Fort Worth at least two vendors had Huberts stuff, including Wig-Wag who had what I'd say was at least a half-dozen different models in Huberts bright yellow boxes, including coalporters, 2 different gons, and various boxcars.

One fellow on Trainboard actually purchased the entire 120 number set of BNSF swoosh coalporters that was Huberts first new model.

I'm hoping for Huberts to move forward with the Autoflood hoppers and maybe even the 5161's.  (they can do the variation that IM isn't currently doing)  Not normally pushing for a dupe model but I heard they (LBF) had the tooling done on it and were just waiting for capital to book the factory.

NOTE: I'm no longer active on this forum.   If you need to contact me, use the e-mail address (or visit the website link) attached to this username.  Thanks.

bsoplinger

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2007, 12:17:56 AM »
I know that Huberts has re-run the 60' red CP beaver logo boxcars, I have one, which makes 3 in my collection now, old LBF, new LBF (which is now old) and Huberts.

When I was in springfield this year, one of the dealers there had a few Huberts packages, mixed in with all sorts of things, so perhaps it was Neil's N-guaging I'm thinking of.

As far as online e-tailers, Wig-Wig is the only one I know of also.

daniel_leavitt2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +1249
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2007, 07:29:46 AM »
anyone have a link to their site?
There's a shyness found in reason
Apprehensive influence swallow away
You seem to feel abysmal take it
Then you're careful grace for sure
Kinda like the way you're breathing
Kinda like the way you keep looking away

Nelson

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2007, 08:50:48 AM »
anyone have a link to their site?

Doesn't the one I already posted work?

mmyers

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +47
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2007, 10:49:41 PM »

He has some new runs on the 60" hi-cubes (L&C, NS, CSX)

Had a half dozen of the NS cars spotted on my modules this weekend. Unfortunately, they got packed up before I got to them. :)

Martin

lock4244

• Crew
  • Respect: +583
    • My train pics
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2007, 01:00:00 PM »
What Huberts needs to do are two things:

1) Run more of the CP 60' hi-cubes

2) Run more CN (reporting marks of CN, CNA, GTW, DWC), WC, IC, CP 50' hi-cubes.

Well, it'd make me happy  :)