Author Topic: Challengers Yet?  (Read 11854 times)

UP_Phill

Re: Challengers Yet?
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2007, 03:11:02 PM »
Thanks a bunch Jamie. I'll get the letter in the mail today. I'll have to send you some International reply coupons tho, will that be ok?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 03:17:14 PM by UP_Phill »

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +2895
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2007, 05:29:56 PM »
Free Trade Agreement helps as well. We can import model rail related items from the US up to max value of $1000.00aus no questions asked.  ;D
Man, am I envious! I am a US citizen residing in Europe. Customs charges me 19-23% on all model railroad stuff I get from my US vendors...not to mention all the aggravation they cause me each time a shipment arrives. :-X
--Mike

where do you live?

NYC1956

• Crew
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2007, 07:16:39 PM »
Free Trade Agreement helps as well. We can import model rail related items from the US up to max value of $1000.00aus no questions asked.  ;D
Man, am I envious! I am a US citizen residing in Europe. Customs charges me 19-23% on all model railroad stuff I get from my US vendors...not to mention all the aggravation they cause me each time a shipment arrives. :-X
--Mike

where do you live?
Slovakia - but it is pretty much the same in the rest of Europe, I think.
Modeling the NYC of the early 1950s

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +2895
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2007, 07:43:04 PM »
I guess you don't have access to an APO?

UP_Phill

« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2007, 12:06:05 AM »
Concerning the flange issue.....

I couldn't wait for a reply from Athearn or for NWSL to make some replacement sets, so I just spent the best part of an hour turning down all the tender, trailing and leading truck wheel sets. No more bouncing across the spike heads for me!

It's very easy if you have dremel, a flat needle file and some patience.

flight2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +204
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2007, 06:13:04 AM »
I'll tell you guys what...

Send me a self-addressed stamped envelope (meaning, get an envelope, write your address on it and put enough postage on it to get it from Chicago - where I live - back to where you live) and put it in another envelope and  ;Dsend it to me at:

VMG
Attn: Jamie
903 Parkview Blvd.
Lombard, IL  60137

Tell me how many Challengers you have and I'll send you two shield decals (in case you screw one up) for each unit. I can print a whole sheet of these for nearly nothing as they are so tiny. Putting the decal on isn't too big of a deal if you've done some decal work before. You will need to trim the excess white edges around the shield as close as reasonable to minimize the edges. You'll also need to pick up some Micro Sol as once you get it positioned correctly you'll want the edges of the decal to shrink around the edges of the shield.

Fair enough? :)

Thanks Jamie,
I'll get mine in the mail tomorrow morning.  I have one Challenger that is still naked on the nose...  ;D

Brian
I've never met a covered hopper I didn't like.... :)
My (HO) NW Ohio Layout Feed: https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=57633.msg793742#msg793742

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +8034
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2007, 09:34:12 AM »
Jamie gets the forum gold star!

Awesome offer, even though I don't need one, I want to extend my appreciation for you helping out your fellow modelers!

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +535
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2007, 09:50:11 AM »

Awesome offer, even though I don't need one, I want to extend my appreciation for you helping out your fellow modelers!

Come on Ed, get one and stencil for Conrail!

lashedup

• Crew
  • Respect: +108
    • Model 160
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2007, 09:55:31 PM »

Hey thanks.

I get a lot out of these various forums out there and giving a little back never hurts. :)

Nato

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
Re: Challengers Yet? Yes they are!
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2007, 02:38:21 AM »
    My Challenger ordered from Caboose in Denver arrived Friday Morning,it rates Five Stars ***** today Saturday is Challenger Familiarazation Day,I will run it on my layout and learn all the Bells and Whistles. I had a chance to run one at the annual March Hostler's Model Railroad Festival held each March at the Utah State Railroad Museum (Ogden Union Depot). A fellow member of WNS Wasatch N Scale ,Horse Traded for one sold 4 modern diesels he didn't need any more his era is now 1949-54 . Wow! Impressive. So much so that I ordered a second one ,Rio Grande on Impluse from Tex-N-Rails. It should come first part of next week. That the programing for most functions can be done in DC Analogue is very nice. Spent Friday detailing and prepairing for it's maden voyage a RC model of a modern Japanese Naval Self Defense Forces PT boat Sunday weather here is suppose to be sunny with a Spring High temp of 60 degrees. Another hobby another Forum.                                                                                                                                  Nate Goodman (Nato). Salt Lake, Utah. Whoo! Hoo! They are finally here .

tillsbury

Wow! Impressive service for my first ever Chuck pack...
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2007, 07:42:57 PM »
Ordered one of these from FRTS, received confirmation on Friday morning that the Challenger had been shipped on the day before (Thursday), arrived this morning (Monday) in Christchurch, New Zealand.  Now that's what I call service! :-))

Charles

lashedup

• Crew
  • Respect: +108
    • Model 160
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2007, 03:43:23 PM »
Brian, Jerry and Richard your decals went out in the mail today. :)

flight2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +204
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2007, 02:40:27 AM »
Brian, Jerry and Richard your decals went out in the mail today. :)

Thanks for the decals Jamie.  I accidentally dropped off the planet there for awhile  ::)  but received the decals about 5 days after you had mailed them. 

What a difference it makes on the nose. 

Thanks again,
Brian
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 02:53:40 AM by flight2000 »
I've never met a covered hopper I didn't like.... :)
My (HO) NW Ohio Layout Feed: https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=57633.msg793742#msg793742

ntex

• Crew
  • Respect: +14
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2007, 11:42:56 PM »
I'll tell you guys what...

Send me a self-addressed stamped envelope ...............

Just wanted to say thanks again, now she's fully dressed!

Steve
Frisco TX