Author Topic: Fine N scale containers ?  (Read 2030 times)

Atlanticflier

Fine N scale containers ?
« on: April 07, 2007, 10:38:10 AM »
Anyone have a review or comments on the containers made by Fine N Scale ?

http://www.finenscale.com/intermodal.html

How much clean up is there, finished look, etc.

TX,
Steven

daniel_leavitt2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +1249
Re: Fine N scale containers ?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 02:54:28 PM »
They are OK. I have the 20', 48' and 53' samples. They are all a bit undersized (about 6" each dimention), and they are too narrow compaired to other RTR containers. They have no underbody detail.

I would go with Walthers or Deluxe instead. The prices are close enough to get the better product. They do offer nice trash containers though.
There's a shyness found in reason
Apprehensive influence swallow away
You seem to feel abysmal take it
Then you're careful grace for sure
Kinda like the way you're breathing
Kinda like the way you keep looking away

bsoplinger

Re: Fine N scale containers ?
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 08:53:43 PM »
They are 'OK' but a bit lacking. Nice weight though as they are solid resin, without bottom detail like Daniel said. The trash containers and bulktainers (if I got the name right for the 20' in a frame tank type containers) are nice I do agree. For 'undec' containers, I'd suggest the Herpa Containers. They are cheap; $2.25 a pair at BLW. Plain white plastic with a silver painted top. I got a few of the latest containers from someone (not deLuxe, perhaps Con-Cor, I really don't remember and they aren't here in front of me now) and they were pad printed on these exact same Herpa containers. BLW has a 40' smoothside, and 48' & 53' box containers (per Herpa's description). To me, they all are the same, smoothsided with fine rivet detail. Definately different than the standard Walthers ones which all seem to be of the ribbed style.

http://www.blwnscale.com/Herpa%20N%20Scale%20Containers.htm