Author Topic: Trucks For The Old Budd Metroliners  (Read 1887 times)

One of One-Sixty

• Crew
  • Respect: +3
Trucks For The Old Budd Metroliners
« on: April 01, 2007, 09:50:30 PM »
I am not as knwoledge about trucks and a lot of other technical stuff so I am hoping I can turn to my fellow
members of the Railwire.

I am trying to match up the trucks used on the old Budd Metroliners and can not figure out what trucks they are, of course I am trying to compare them to trucks already made in N scale, and going in knowing that they may have not even been made.

But what would be a good representation of the old Budd Metroliners, before and after Amtrak got their hands on it.

The closest thing I can find is the Smoothside Passenger trucks and the Budd Postwar (Skirted) Passenger trucks, both made by Kato.

“My deeds must be my life. When I am gone, they will speak for me.”- Stephen Girard

Modeling a modern Pennsylvania Railroad 1996-Present

Nato

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
Re: Trucks For The Old Budd Metroliners
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 02:36:12 AM »
If you have access to Tomix and Green Max Japanese catalogs, there are several prototrype Japanese trucks that look alot like the Metroliner trucks. Now as to ordering some that is harder to do one source might be Japanese Model Supply in Austrailia Doug is willing to sometimes  special order Japanese items usually not for sale in the U.S.                                                                                                     Nate Goodman (Nato). Salt Lake, Utah .

RS-27

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 03:48:47 AM »
IIRC, Botchman had something vaguely like the GE Floating Bolster when they made them back in the dark ages.

I'm sure I have a bunch from when I cut off the cabs and cast epoxy ends (in molds of liquitex latex!) to make Amfleet cars and an abortive attempt at SPVs.  PM me.

Bob in IDaho

wm3798

• Crew
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +5390
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 07:21:14 AM »
Fallen Flags has a goodly number of photos of PC Metroliners...

It almost looks like an Alco or GE truck could be a reasonable stand-in.

http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/pc/pc.html

Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

One of One-Sixty

• Crew
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 11:50:40 PM »
If you have access to Tomix and Green Max Japanese catalogs, there are several prototrype Japanese trucks that look alot like the Metroliner trucks. Now as to ordering some that is harder to do one source might be Japanese Model Supply in Austrailia Doug is willing to sometimes  special order Japanese items usually not for sale in the U.S.                                                                                                     Nate Goodman (Nato). Salt Lake, Utah .

Haha, this is the story of my life, I know where I can order them from, I just dont have the catalogs.  Guess I will be ordering the catalogs first and then the trucks hopefully.

IIRC, Botchman had something vaguely like the GE Floating Bolster when they made them back in the dark ages.

I'm sure I have a bunch from when I cut off the cabs and cast epoxy ends (in molds of liquitex latex!) to make Amfleet cars and an abortive attempt at SPVs.  PM me.

Bob in IDaho

PM Sent

Fallen Flags has a goodly number of photos of PC Metroliners...

It almost looks like an Alco or GE truck could be a reasonable stand-in.

http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/pc/pc.html

Lee

Thanks, I knew there was a site I forgot in my search for pics.
“My deeds must be my life. When I am gone, they will speak for me.”- Stephen Girard

Modeling a modern Pennsylvania Railroad 1996-Present