Author Topic: New Containers with working doors coming from Dapol.  (Read 1737 times)

3rdrail

New Containers with working doors coming from Dapol.
« on: March 17, 2007, 10:49:11 AM »
LATEST CONTAINER NEWS
16/03/07 :
We have just finished the Cad/Cam drawings for our new range of Containers .

The containers have been designed to clip onto our future Spine Wagon which is due for release during the 4th quarter of this year. You will be able to see from the drawings that the Containers will also be able to clip to each other to form protypical Container 'stacks'.

Both 20' and 40' Containers are being developed and they will become available in packets of both 4 x mixed 20' and 4 x mixed 40'.

We are presently gathering together a wide variety of liveries to achieve a good range of options.

Finally, and we hope it is of interest to you all, the Containers will also feature OPENING doors.

Glenn Poole

• Crew
  • Respect: +1
Re: New Containers with working doors coming from Dapol.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 11:00:55 AM »
NICE!!  Will they already be painted and lettered? 

It seems to me that somewhere in all of my containers I have some that the doors open.  Didn't MT make some originally that the doors opened?

Glenn

SirTainly

• Crew
  • Respect: +54
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 11:38:39 AM »
If these are UK outline, they will be 1/148 not 1/160, so may not fit in the well cars etc

Nelson

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 12:09:55 PM »
NICE!!  Will they already be painted and lettered? 

It seems to me that somewhere in all of my containers I have some that the doors open.  Didn't MT make some originally that the doors opened?

Yep, both 20 and 40'ers had opening doors.