Author Topic: Docklands Light Railway  (Read 1694 times)

SirTainly

• Crew
  • Respect: +54
Docklands Light Railway
« on: March 11, 2007, 01:49:54 PM »
Here are a couple of shots I snatched of DLR trains whilst I was in London last week. Sorry they're not great quality, didn't have my DSLR with me.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 04:59:40 PM by SirTainly »

Ian MacMillan

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Learn to use the god damn search feature!
  • Respect: +157
    • Conrail's Amoskeag Northern Division
Re: Docklands Light Railway
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 01:30:26 PM »
Cool!  Not too keen on the red and stuff though.
I WANNA SEE THE BOAT MOVIE!

Yes... I'm in N... Also HO and 1:1

MrKLUKE

• Crew
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 09:48:57 PM »
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 11:40:41 AM by MrKLUKE »

SirTainly

• Crew
  • Respect: +54
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 05:20:10 AM »
Ian, the colours are the London Underground ones, but applied in a different scheme. Personally I like the brightness of it much better than the grey underground trains.

Jeff, glad you liked the trains in London, personally I grew to dislike them, but then I only ever saw them in rush hour packed with lots of sweaty bodies and no aircon.  :-X Also the 7-7 bombings went off while I was commuting, and on one of the lines I took, had I been about 20 mins earlier I could have been on one of the trains, which is a sobering thought. Surprised someone actually commented on your nationality since London is so cosmopolitan, but glad it didn't spoil the experience for you! :)

digitaldave

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 02:57:42 PM »
I used to travel on the DLR every day when I used to work at South Quay, a couple of stops further on from Canary Wharf. It was pretty good, as long as you travelled early - there often seemed to be problems on the various branches during the main rush hour around 8-9 in the morning, and I'd often see colleagues come in and moan about the 'bloody Toy Town railway!" :). The trains are automated, which means that you can sit right at the front and see what was ahead (or behind) - small kids would often run straight to the front when they got on so they could pretend to drive the trains... and some not so small kids as well ;).

I also used the regular trains to get from home in to London, and the line I was on wasn't too bad, but was becoming increasingly crowded. As for the underground, I gave up using that and used buses instead - at the times I was travelling, it wasn't too busy, and you got to see what was happening on the streets around you :).

Dave.

MrKLUKE

• Crew
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 06:06:07 PM »
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 11:41:50 AM by MrKLUKE »