Author Topic: Weekend Update - February 25, 2007  (Read 11401 times)

Ian MacMillan

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Learn to use the god damn search feature!
  • Respect: +157
    • Conrail's Amoskeag Northern Division
Re: Weekend Update - February 25, 2007
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2007, 05:52:55 PM »
Got a chance to start painting my AN roster. First to the paint shops were Atlas MP15's with Sound.

Here is the first unit out #1234 (1200 Series) in its base weathering, still needing to have its paint faded, handrails installed, and details such as snowplow, antenna, mirrors, shades,horns, train lines, and MU cables installed.

The paint is all beat to hell from working the paper mills all day.

Looks nice. Any plans for "home-road" freight cars or other equipment? What reporting marks are you planning to use for that rr? (Considering that AN, ANR are already taken...)

Chris, it will be still using the BM and MEC reporting marks. At this time only locomotives will be painted. The entire roster consists of former MEC GP38s/GP9s and BM GP38-2s/GP40-2's/GP9's,   Former CNW SD38-2's and former CR MP15DCs
I WANNA SEE THE BOAT MOVIE!

Yes... I'm in N... Also HO and 1:1

3rdrail

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2007, 06:06:40 PM »
Looks nice. Any plans for "home-road" freight cars or other equipment? What reporting marks are you planning to use for that rr? (Considering that AN, ANR are already taken...)

The AAR is the ultimate arbiter in assigning reporting marks, they'd probably try to  assign AMNO, as they prefer four alpha for short lines. When we started the Chicago & Indiana they tried to assign us "CHIN", but we finally compromised on "CINR".

cv_acr

• Crew
  • Respect: +127
    • Canadian Freight Railcar Gallery
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2007, 06:09:31 PM »
Btw, I checked and "AMOS" doesn't appear on any lists so that's another possibility.

Ian MacMillan

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2007, 06:33:27 PM »
It pretty much will be similar to the GRS situation with BM and MEC reportings... The Amoskeag Northern is not a short line, it is a regional, serving ME, NH, MA, VT, CT, and NY.

3rdrail

« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2007, 07:11:27 PM »
It pretty much will be similar to the GRS situation with BM and MEC reportings... The Amoskeag Northern is not a short line, it is a regional, serving ME, NH, MA, VT, CT, and NY.

According to the AAR, if you're not one of the "big six (or seven if you count KCS)", you're a short line.  Only the big guys are voting members.  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 07:21:11 PM by 3rdrail »

Ian MacMillan

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2007, 10:32:49 PM »

According to the AAR, if you're not one of the "big six (or seven if you count KCS)", you're a short line.  Only the big guys are voting members.  ;D ;D

I don't give a flying rats a$$ what the AAR says....they are a bunch of archaic old asses anyway.

3rdrail

« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2007, 11:02:31 PM »

I don't give a flying rats a$$ what the AAR says....they are a bunch of archaic old asses anyway.

If you're a real railroad and you want to interchange cars (and freight) with any other railroads, you'd better giva a flying rat's aqq!  ::)

BTW, I think the archaic old asses retired about the same time I did!  :o :o  Some were my friends...

Ian MacMillan

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2007, 11:24:33 PM »

If you're a real railroad and you want to interchange cars (and freight) with any other railroads, you'd better giva a flying rat's aqq!  ::)

BTW, I think the archaic old asses retired about the same time I did!  :o :o  Some were my friends...

I'll take the same attitude as GRS..... F off.

wm3798

• Crew
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +5407
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2007, 12:51:31 PM »
Decorum, boys.  You never know who's lurking out there.

Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

Iain

• Crew
  • Na sgrìobhaidh a Iain
  • Respect: +346
    • The Best Puppers
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2007, 05:40:27 PM »

I'll take the same attitude as GRS..... F off.
MY EYES!
Thanks much,
Mairi Dulaney, RHCE
Member, Free Software Foundation and Norfolk Southern Historical Society

http://jdulaney.com