Author Topic: Roger tell us about  (Read 2245 times)

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +2896
Roger tell us about
« on: February 28, 2007, 08:40:11 PM »
That big bridge on your layout .. scratch built? Kit, Brass .. ????

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +5515
Re: Roger tell us about
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 03:23:14 AM »
TrainCat will be etching his large double track bridge tomorrow/today:

http://www.traincat2.com/d_whitford.htm

If that helps

Roger Holmes

• Crew
  • Respect: +580
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 12:42:40 PM »
Overland Model brass from several years ago.  It broke my heart to paint it but I'm glad that I did.
Best regards,

Roger

There are 10 kinds of people in the world.  Those who understand the binary system and those who don't.

Big4Man

• Crew
  • "They say I'm crazy but I have a good time..."
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 07:11:21 AM »
Chris, Any word on the MSRP of this TrainCat bridge or the Pratt type shown on their website? I seem to remember there was word from Micronart last year they were thinking about putting their Z-scale brass bridge kit out in N.

Thanks!
Dan

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +5515
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 07:27:15 AM »
Dan,

Sorry I don't know the price. Bob Knight who runs TrainCat just told me he was running the bridges through the etcher on Thursday. He may have to make up instructions or packaging before they go to sale (just guessing). You could e-mail him though, he always responds to mine.

sales@traincat2.com

If I could find a way for his adobe illustrator to read my CAD drawings he was going to make me some things along with his bridges.

That Z scale bridge is a pretty old design, but they would be nice to have in N.

TrainCat2

• Crew
  • I'm here to take a beating from RailWire members.
  • Respect: +802
    • TrainCat Model Sales
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 04:11:42 PM »
Hello Dan,
The Ilchester Pratt is the next bridge in line after the big Whitford bridge. I will not know what the price is until I do the layout and see how much metal a kit takes. I just finished the HO Whitford and will begin the etching process soon. The HO Whitford will use six 18" X 30" sheets. I say this because I never expected it using that much metal. So, a premature price would have been a handicap.

I began to scale the HO Whitford bridge down to N last night. I am still on the target for July/Aug for the Ilchester at the moment.

Regards
Bob Knight
Regards
boB Knight

I Spell boB Backwards