Author Topic: Looking for Barrels  (Read 2296 times)

bsoplinger

Looking for Barrels
« on: February 01, 2007, 12:03:22 AM »
I'm working on a pair of HO scale barrel cars and these things caught my interest. Since its an old style wood kit, with lots of 'cut the 1/16 x 1/4 board 3/4" long' type directions I figured it easily scale down to N. Figured I'd make myself of pair of these rather interesting cars. They're from a company called Ye Olde Huff and Puff. A picture of the car is here: http://www.yeoldehuffnpuff.com/images/HO/BARREL%20Car%20by%20John.JPG

But I need N-scale barrels. I looked around at Springfield and asked over at the N-scale Architect. They make 2 sized barrels in white metal as scenery bits. The large one is too large of a barrel and they didn't have any of the small ones there so I wasn't able to look at them. Even if they are the right size, they're made as a scenery bit so they're cast in a pile and a stack, not quite what I'm looking for.

I looked through what model tech studios had, again, they were made as scenery bits in a clump and pile, not loose like I'd need.

So, can anyone tell me where to get loose barrels, by the bucketful, I need about 8 dozen per car.

Lenny53

• Crew
  • Respect: +1560
Re: Looking for Barrels
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 12:28:19 AM »
I have picked up barrel assortments in the past, believe they were made by Merten.

railspike55

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 12:50:44 AM »
walthers list some in stock
made by Campbell

http://www.walthers.com/exec/search?quick=wood+barrels

200-248 Wooden Barrels -- Red  N  5.18

I have some of these and they are great.

Ron N.
Steam and Diesel in Transition

Ron N.

3rdrail

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 09:44:18 AM »
Russ Clover of Clover House sells turned wooden N scale barrels as well. Item 209 is 42" barrels, Item 210 is 77" barrels. Price is $2.25 for 10 barrels.