Author Topic: InterMountain rumors??  (Read 6589 times)

keystonecrossings

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
    • Middle Division Musings
Re: InterMountain rumors??
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2007, 06:35:15 PM »
FWIW, IM updated their Coming Soon list today and it doesn't look like anything was delayed.

Looks like a few additions, or perhaps photos substituted for art, but no delays noted.
Jerry Britton, PRRT&HS #6111
PRR Middle Division in HO Scale - http://jbritton.pennsyrr.com
Keystone Crossings - http://pennsyrr.com

tokenbrit

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2007, 08:55:27 PM »
Stay cool & run whatever manufacturers deliver (+/- weathering, detailing, 'scratch'-building, etc) ... & pay no attention to the man behind the (wig-wag) curtain :P
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 09:18:35 PM by tokenbrit »

Atlanticflier

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2007, 01:10:02 PM »
Do people really care about this or is it all in jest?

Jason

The Personell at MR companies DO affect the product that we buy, in scheduling roadnames, release dates, influence on new product development, etc.
So yes, I think that it does affect modelers. Not that we have any input, but it does affect our modeling desires ....................

3rdrail

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2007, 01:32:53 PM »
The quote said "rumored changes", it did not say or even imply that those were personnel changes. For all I knew they could be financial changes, like purchase of IMRC by another company. Think that one has surfaced before. Hate to say it, but after the Tunnel Motor and F7-B recalls, insolvency comes to mind as well...

So, it becomes,"Should I buy it (IMRC stuff) now while it's still available"? But, I was mainly just nosey.  :P

keystonecrossings

• Crew
    • Middle Division Musings
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2007, 03:08:07 PM »
Gregg,

Despite the recalls, I have no reason to believe IM has any financial issues to speak of.

I continue to receive dealer shipments on a regular basis. The continue to offer typical Net 30 terms. Even though I am a timely payer, any company in financial distress starts calling on A/R's even if the term isn't up yet. When Hobby Stores Distributing went under last year, they would call the day after a shipment was received to see if we had paid yet!!!

Though merger is always a possibility, I believe IM is healthy. Word's out that Matt G. has (or is) moved on. So he'll be replaced.

Only conspiracy theory left is merger... and the fact that IM is lumped with BLI and PCM with Factory Direct Trains.  :-X
Jerry Britton, PRRT&HS #6111
PRR Middle Division in HO Scale - http://jbritton.pennsyrr.com
Keystone Crossings - http://pennsyrr.com

lock4244

• Crew
  • Respect: +583
    • My train pics
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2007, 03:09:44 PM »
Insolvency? Not with all the covered hoppers I've bought from them... I'm the one facing insolvency  :P

Nelson

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2007, 04:17:26 PM »
Only conspiracy theory left is merger... and the fact that IM is lumped with BLI and PCM with Factory Direct Trains.  :-X

Given the number of special runs they do for them, I wouldn't rule out a deal with PWRS.

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +531
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2007, 08:44:13 PM »
FWIW, IM is one of my favorite companies.

lock4244

• Crew
  • Respect: +583
    • My train pics
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2007, 09:17:05 AM »
Couldn't agree more, N&W. They make the cylindrical covered hoppers... any Canadian modeler from the mid 60's and up would be lost without them. About 27% of my freightcar roster is made up of IM stuff.

Weedline

• Crew
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2007, 07:22:53 PM »
Bring on the SD40-2's

Bring on the SD40's series

MrKLUKE

• Crew
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2007, 07:39:30 PM »
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 01:14:21 AM by MrKLUKE »