Author Topic: January Weathering Challenge  (Read 1853 times)

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +2895
January Weathering Challenge
« on: December 30, 2006, 10:44:14 AM »
I have decided not to run the January challenge. Model Railroading is supposed to be fun. If you want to have this challenge, I encourage someone to step forward, pick a car, develop the rules, run the judging, and put up with the complaints.

nscalesteve

Re: January Weathering Challenge
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 02:27:25 PM »
I have decided not to run the January challenge. Model Railroading is supposed to be fun. If you want to have this challenge, I encourage someone to step forward, pick a car, develop the rules, run the judging, and put up with the complaints.

ok, and which one of us here is/was the party pooper ? which one decided it is much easier to blight this new challenge before it really has started ? well done guys, well done ! chapeaux !

bsoplinger

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 08:22:33 PM »
Yikes, it sure wasn't my intent to be the party pooper.

I have no idea what anyone else posted in the thread besides myself ....

I liked the idea of going with the same car for everyone and all in the same scale to level the field although I know there are a few folks who like to model in HO who have done entries in the past. Perhaps alternating from N to HO from month to month would have helped with that.

Its just that I've got about a half dozen cars here, all undone for past challenges because until I had everything together it was the last weekend of the month and I just didn't have time that weekend to weather a car. I saw the decline in the number of people working on the past challenges and thought a longer lead time would have helped get some folks back and attract new people. Not to mention at least a pointer to the car type and who makes one so I could actually go out and buy one.

3rdrail

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 08:44:01 PM »
You weren't alone, and John had already extended the deadline to March 1 when further commentary came in... :-\
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 09:02:16 PM by 3rdrail »

MrKLUKE

• Crew
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 01:40:25 AM »
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 12:38:37 AM by MrKLUKE »