Author Topic: Mike Budde  (Read 3812 times)

Sokramiketes

• Crew
  • Better modeling through peer pressure...
  • Respect: +1241
    • Modutrak
Mike Budde
« on: August 29, 2006, 08:40:55 AM »

Probably the best asphalt road I've seen yet:

Way cool:

Right down to the window stickers:

More at www.gp30.com/events/stl2006

3rdrail

Re: Mike Budde
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 09:32:58 AM »
Wow, there's a helluva lot more really fine modeling, 3-D art really, going on than most of us imagine.  8) 8) 8)

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +531
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 02:16:15 PM »
This really kicks a**

RS-27

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 01:42:21 AM »
The most extravagant display I ever saw was at a SLC Utah train meet in about 1990.  It was held in the Armory, and the model display room had some HO stuff on display by one modeler.  Something like 10 or 15 display tables of mostly ROCO military vehicles.

I don't remember if it was Brigade, Regiment or a whole damn Army!  Tanks, Jeeps, 6x6s, tank retrievers, more than I can remember in ranks and files covering the 2x5 tables, as if on review.  There were even copters.  He allowed that to bring it up to date, he was replacing the Jeeps with Humvees which had recently been released in HO.

And they weren't out of the box models either, proper markings and added details.  Too bad it was before digital cameras. I usually didn't take my 35mm SLR to most venues.

Bob in IDaho

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +7962
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 09:22:41 PM »
Yeah, that is AMAZING!!!!!!

bsoplinger

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 10:49:06 PM »

Either I'm blind or I'm not looking for the right thing here. I don't see anything in the corner of the front window.

Sokramiketes

• Crew
  • Better modeling through peer pressure...
  • Respect: +1241
    • Modutrak
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 08:55:12 AM »

Either I'm blind or I'm not looking for the right thing here. I don't see anything in the corner of the front window.

Next window back... that way the driver can still see during the test drive.

3rdrail

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2006, 08:56:30 AM »

You're not looking for the right thing. Look on the side window behind the driver's door. That's where the auto mfrs. put the price "stickers", and yes, they are definitely there! Nice touch, IMHO.

bsoplinger

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2006, 09:36:17 AM »
You're not looking for the right thing. Look on the side window behind the driver's door. That's where the auto mfrs. put the price "stickers", and yes, they are definitely there! Nice touch, IMHO.

Oooohhh  ::)

I was looking for the inspection sticker(s) in the front window. That is a very nice touch. Very purdy.