Author Topic: patched railbox  (Read 3750 times)

elogger

patched railbox
« on: June 06, 2006, 12:01:03 AM »
hey guys... i just finished this and it's on ebay right now... i figured you all might want to take a look...

it's an accurail 50 ext post boxcar... all the weathering and patches were done using oil paints with a little chalk on the undercarriage, trucks, couplers and wheels... i added brake rigging, end platforms, proto 2000 trucks and metal wheels... btw this is car #002

you can check out some more pics here if you like

http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c311/stpeter22/Railbox/

jeremy

central.vermont

• Crew
  • Jon
  • Respect: +145
Re: patched railbox
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 05:39:24 AM »
Nice work Jeremy!!!!! :o :o

Can you give us the link for your auction?
I'd like to watch the bidding on this, sure to go high.

Jon

elogger

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 10:53:54 AM »

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +2894
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 12:49:46 PM »
Nice work .. it looks very real ..

However, if you are merely advertising the auction, then please do that in the Trading Post

elogger

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 09:30:07 PM »

However, if you are merely advertising the auction, then please do that in the Trading Post

thank you for the kind remarks john...

that being said, no, i didn't post this to advertise my auction... first off, why would i post this to try to make an HO sale to a forum primarily full of n-scalers? secondly, i didn't provide a link to my auction in my original post... only after Jon asked me for it did i do so... if you think that is my intent, i'm sorry, but you are mistaken... if you think it should be moved, move it...

i guess i'll be more selective in where i post my future projects or how i word such posts...

sorry,
jeremy

cr6841

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 01:59:57 AM »
very nice! oil paints are amazing. my dad is an oil painter, and he uses the same colors that most of us use on our cars. he only uses 7 colors no matter what he is commissioned to do. it's also very easy to work with. the car does look real!!

Centauri

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 08:59:11 AM »
Elogger, that is one of the best I`ve seen, as said by John, "It looks real",
and to my mind that has to be the "Ultimate Compliment" one could receive
for any completed project, Well Done.!!
Regards,

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 09:11:51 AM »

thank you for the kind remarks john...

that being said, no, i didn't post this to advertise my auction... first off, why would i post this to try to make an HO sale to a forum primarily full of n-scalers? secondly, i didn't provide a link to my auction in my original post... only after Jon asked me for it did i do so... if you think that is my intent, i'm sorry, but you are mistaken... if you think it should be moved, move it...

i guess i'll be more selective in where i post my future projects or how i word such posts...

sorry,
jeremy

Jeremy .. no problem .. I just like to keep things tidy around here .. I have no objections to people pointing out things for sale .. and since the first sentence said the car was on ebay, I figured it was posted to help drive up interest for the auction ... sorry if I offended ..

elogger

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 12:22:40 AM »
CR- thanks... you're right, oil paint is ridiculously easy to use... if i do something and i don't like it, flood the brush with mineral spirits and away it goes...

CENTAURI- thank you for the kind comments... they are very much appreciated

JOHN- sorry if i sounded a little pissy there, i guess i was kind of offended, but i do see your point and i respect the job you have to do to keep this place running as it does... i was basically just excited... this is the second car i've done and the first car i've ever put up for auction and i was trying to keep my post short and sweet... i have a tendency to babble on and on about this stuff... 

jeremy

Centauri

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 07:52:51 PM »
He He,
Dont we all?

John.

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 07:55:25 PM »
I did a double take when I saw the car .. the only thing that gave it away was that big tree in the background <lol>

I think its very hard to capture the RBOX look ..

Ian MacMillan

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Learn to use the god damn search feature!
  • Respect: +157
    • Conrail's Amoskeag Northern Division
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2006, 11:37:39 PM »
Man that is one sweet looking car!
I WANNA SEE THE BOAT MOVIE!

Yes... I'm in N... Also HO and 1:1

elogger

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2006, 02:47:06 AM »
thanks ian... much appreciated :)

yeah, i kinda figured the tree looked out-of-scale  ;)... i guess i need to work on a diorama, huh  :)

jeremy

quadk

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2006, 10:08:28 PM »
GREAT looking car there Jeremy!! ;)