Author Topic: Weekend Update 10/4/26  (Read 1003 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

crrcoal

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 662
  • Respect: +136
Re: Weekend Update 10/4/26
« Reply #15 on: Yesterday at 09:11:04 AM »
0
Epic Weekend Update!!

Dave V

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12265
  • Gender: Male
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +11721
Re: Weekend Update 10/4/26
« Reply #16 on: Yesterday at 03:43:53 PM »
+3
Done:


InterurbanModels

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 108
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +790
    • Interurban Models
Re: Weekend Update 10/4/26
« Reply #17 on: Yesterday at 04:15:47 PM »
+4
Got my hands on a BLI Soo Line F3, phase 1 livery. And that naturally calls for suitable rolling stock. Started with a (foobie) heavyweight combine. Making monochrome car bodies do not require 3D color printing, but the shade RAL 3005 "wine red" is so perfectly matching the BLI Soo Maroon, that I couldn't resist to do it this way. Maybe soon I will make some passenger cars from real Soo Line diagrams


« Last Edit: Yesterday at 04:18:02 PM by InterurbanModels »
++ Garage factory owner: https://interurban-models.myshopify.com ++

packers#1

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1626
  • Gender: Male
  • Modern Shortline Modeler
  • Respect: +887
Re: Weekend Update 10/4/26
« Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 05:35:15 PM »
+2
Back tree line is mostly done, the front vegetation is in, and I got the road started. I should have done the road first but I’ll remember that for next time, I should be able to get it done, sanded, and painted without destroying the scenery I’ve finished.

Sawyer
American manufacturing isn’t dead, it’s just gotten high tech

mu26aeh

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5868
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +4866
Re: Weekend Update 10/4/26
« Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 07:54:36 PM »
+2
Worked on weathering hopper fleet







PiperguyUMD

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 857
  • Respect: +2267
Re: Weekend Update 10/4/26
« Reply #20 on: Yesterday at 09:03:40 PM »
+3
Tried to take a few minutes each night this week to work on the H9 tenders.

I decided to go old school on the drawbars rather than 3d printing. I CAed a styrene spacer into the stock drawbar, then used MEK to attach styrene strips to sandwich the spacer into the drawbar. The end result seems quite strong.





x3



Next I turned my attention to grab irons, ladders, and coupler cut bars. Ladders are from my secret stash of GMM industrial ladders. All grabs and coupler cut bars are homebrewed. I use the eyelets from the BLMA early diesel coupler cut bars to mount my coupler lift bars. I was a few short to finish all 3 tenders, so I’ll have to wait til reinforcements show up to finish.





delamaize

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2652
  • Gender: Male
  • Prairie Line Native
  • Respect: +1014
Re: Weekend Update 10/4/26
« Reply #21 on: Today at 12:11:56 AM »
0
Not really much in the way of modeling this weekend.
What was that today what's up model train show in Lynden, Wa. All weekend. Got to meet a couple of you, but for life of me I can't remember your usernames. Sorry about that. Good show overall, had a lot of fun, got the run the City of New Orleans successfully for the first time. It was seem to be a big hit. Took a few pictures, a few videos which I'm still editing. I'll add the video to this post once I'm done with them. Picked up a few things but nothing crazy
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
Mike
Skookumchuck Belt Line Founder

Northern Pacific, Tacoma Division, 4th subdivision "The Prarie Line" (still in planning stages)