Author Topic: An N-Possible journal  (Read 38252 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26106
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11601
    • Conrail 1285
Re: An N-Possible journal
« Reply #465 on: September 21, 2026, 10:46:31 PM »
+6
It's been a minute for me, but after seeing Andrew himself (and his excellent son), AND taking advantage of Lombard's RDC sale, I opened up my stockpile and got to work on a pair of SBX's.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

SUCH an improvement.

N Scale Train Boy

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 142
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +183
    • The Balfour and Colucci Creek Southern Railroad
Re: An N-Possible journal
« Reply #466 on: September 28, 2026, 09:35:16 AM »
+2
Welp, I've gone and done it! You folks have finally convinced me to dive in, and I just ordered 3 ss sbx, 2 ss urs, 2 ls urs, and 2 ms sbx (wouldve gotten a couple of ms urs as well but Midwest was out). Should be enough for my to do some trial-by-error in getting my New Haven M&E train equipped. I plan on using that train as a hands-on trial/learning experience for the N-Possibles, as the consist will not change and it will include locomotives, passenger cars, boxcars, and a caboose, giving me a good cross-section of a roster to try equipping. I may come with questions, so be prepared, lol. Excited to get started!
Check out my YouTube Channel youtube.com/@NScaleTrainBoy and the B&CCS at bccsrailroad.weebly.com!

-Dennis

Maletrain

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4219
  • Respect: +893
Re: An N-Possible journal
« Reply #467 on: September 29, 2026, 06:55:01 PM »
0
Starting to get worried. 

Locoboxes still have not come out yet, Pioneer was out of all scale box versions in Chattanooga, and now Midwest has medium retrofits and short scale boxes listed as out-of-stock.

And Andrew has not provided an update here since May 14th.

Paging @turbowhiz .  Is there a problem?  (International trade issues, maybe, or something worse?)


mu26aeh

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5868
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +4866
Re: An N-Possible journal
« Reply #468 on: September 29, 2026, 08:57:14 PM »
+1
Tariffs on Canadian goods.

Jimbo

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 206
  • Respect: +96
Re: An N-Possible journal
« Reply #469 on: September 29, 2026, 09:19:39 PM »
0
Starting to get worried. 

Locoboxes still have not come out yet, Pioneer was out of all scale box versions in Chattanooga, and now Midwest has medium retrofits and short scale boxes listed as out-of-stock.

And Andrew has not provided an update here since May 14th.

Paging @turbowhiz .  Is there a problem?  (International trade issues, maybe, or something worse?)
He was at Altoona a couple weeks ago.

Yes, tariffs are an issue, but only in that it will cause the retail price to increase by 30%.  The online retailers have started to re-price their stock.  I understand that it goes both ways, since some of his parts, such as the spring splitter, are sourced from the US.

Hopefully this craziness will end soon; it was disappointing to me when, after both countries announced an agreement, the deal broke down at the 11th hour.

Jim

Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26106
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11601
    • Conrail 1285
Re: An N-Possible journal
« Reply #470 on: September 30, 2026, 10:34:42 AM »
+2
Starting to get worried. 

Locoboxes still have not come out yet, Pioneer was out of all scale box versions in Chattanooga, and now Midwest has medium retrofits and short scale boxes listed as out-of-stock.

And Andrew has not provided an update here since May 14th.

Paging @turbowhiz .  Is there a problem?  (International trade issues, maybe, or something worse?)



Andrew's had a ton of stuff going on in his non-train life. He's trying to get back on schedule.

Jimbo

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 206
  • Respect: +96
Re: An N-Possible journal
« Reply #471 on: September 30, 2026, 05:58:29 PM »
+2
May I please suggest that we be especially careful about thread drift for this particular journal? Let’s keep this thread exclusively limited to installation techniques, tools, and the like.

While the other topic may be relevant, I’ll suggest that any other topic regarding delivery, availability, and the like be posted to a different thread.

(I know… I need to look I the mirror as well… am I contributing to the problem?)

Sincerely,
Jim

Missaberoad

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3833
  • Gender: Male
  • Ryan in Alberta
  • Respect: +1378
Re: An N-Possible journal
« Reply #472 on: September 30, 2026, 06:14:12 PM »
+2
May I please suggest that we be especially careful about thread drift for this particular journal? Let’s keep this thread exclusively limited to installation techniques, tools, and the like.

While the other topic may be relevant, I’ll suggest that any other topic regarding delivery, availability, and the like be posted to a different thread.

(I know… I need to look I the mirror as well… am I contributing to the problem?)

Sincerely,
Jim

Jim,

This is why Gary's index in the OP is useful. a good way to separate the wheat from the chaff.

https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=59868.msg825079#msg825079

crrcoal

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 662
  • Respect: +136
Re: An N-Possible journal
« Reply #473 on: October 01, 2026, 06:50:39 PM »
0
Anyone try an add to a Trainwork 622? https://www.train-worx.com/?product=622

GaryHinshaw

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6762
  • Respect: +2639
Re: An N-Possible journal
« Reply #474 on: Today at 07:43:03 PM »
0
https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=59868.msg825079#msg825079

I fell a bit behind updating the index, but I think it's now complete again.  Please advise of you notice any entry that is not indexed.

BTW, the MTL and FVM box cars will definitely benefit from the longer boxes (mbx or lbx) when they eventually hit the streets.  I hope Andrew is able to deliver on those soon.

ednadolski

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5077
  • Respect: +2094
Re: An N-Possible journal
« Reply #475 on: Today at 08:35:40 PM »
0
Loco boxes

I was fortunate enough to get some production versions of the loco boxes from Andrew, and he is confident that they will hit the shops in a matter of weeks, so here we go.  There are two variants: the TBX, which is intended to be used without a lid, and the LBX which will come with two different lid thicknesses:


@GaryHinshaw  have you tried w/the regular scale box?  or is there simply no way to make that work in a Kato or Scaletrains?

Ed