Anybody that's done my Climax A kits has seen the process I use on the truck sideframes. The Kato trucks for the geared end have the sideframe just snap on/off.
If you take it off, you can file the sides FLAT, all the way down to the point you can see through the bearing cup holes. About 60%. That gives you a long, flat surface that can also be cut back with rail cutters a bit on the ends, top, etc.
After that, you can glue on 'new' sideframes as an overlay, whatever you want. Making sideframes is how I got started in resin casting as the Climax truck was rather distinctive.
I've also sanded them off flat with my drum sander attachement on my overhead radial, that's a lot easier and faster, just watch your fingers.
And, if you're MAKING sideframes, simply adjust the design to the 5'6" wheelbase of the Kato trucks.
But just saying you don't have to live with the VERY Japanese looking trucks if you're using Kato components. Easy to modify.
