Author Topic: Con-Cor has died a slow death.  (Read 2443 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

peteski

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 35300
  • Gender: Male
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +6655
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: Con-Cor has died a slow death.
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2026, 10:56:21 PM »
0
I learn something new every day.
. . . 42 . . .

nkalanaga

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 10588
  • Respect: +1771
Re: Con-Cor has died a slow death.
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2026, 01:42:09 AM »
+1
And, for those not old enough to remember them, Aksarben is simply Nebraska spelled backwards.

Yes, I did order a few things from them, LONG ago.  I think I still have a small cardboard box with their address on it in my spare parts somewhere.
N Kalanaga
Be well

Bill H

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 820
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +178
Re: Con-Cor has died a slow death.
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2026, 09:53:42 AM »
0
Aksarben did a lot of B&O hoppers on MT 33', I have a few of them, just for having unique numbers

Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26106
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11601
    • Conrail 1285
Re: Con-Cor has died a slow death.
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2026, 10:41:45 AM »
0
Aksarben did a lot of B&O hoppers on MT 33', I have a few of them, just for having unique numbers

Yep, I've got a couple cars in the fleet from them.

The special run biz was a cool facet of the hobby. I know some folks are still doing it, but back in the day it seems like every city had their own local guy doing it.

McKeen

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 30
  • Respect: +5
Re: Con-Cor has died a slow death.
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2026, 04:19:39 PM »
0
Arizona Hobbies
From:
store+68543512752@g.shopifyemail.com
To:


Sep 24, 2026, 1:08 PM

Arizona Hobbies
Important Notice: Southern Pacific Historical & Technical Society Products

Effective September 24, 2026, Arizona Hobbies has discontinued its relationship with the Southern Pacific Historical & Technical Society. Current titles will not be restocked once they sell out, and we will not be ordering any new titles. If there's one you want, get it while it's still on the shelf.

Arizona Hobbies Grand Opening, October 1, 2026

We're opening our doors on October 1st at 3600 S Palo Verde Rd, Ste 109, Tucson, AZ 85713, and we'd love to see you there.

Opening day is just the start. We're expanding the retail floor into the warehouse for a total of 1,200 sq ft of shopping space, with room to grow into a much larger store as we expand.

More Than Ever on the Shelves

You'll still find the books, paints, and model trains you know us for. Now we're adding a full range of hobby products, including Lego, model kits, R/C vehicles and parts, rockets, and much more.

Train Service & Repair with Blue Flag Model Trains

We're partnering with Blue Flag Model Trains, which shares our space and handles service and repair.

Repairs: Locomotives, rolling stock, motors, lights, and more. Bring it in and Blue Flag will get it running again.
Upgrades: Decoder installs, sound upgrades, lighting mods, and performance improvements for any scale.
Custom Paint: Custom paint jobs available.
Onsite Layout Service (local customers): Blue Flag comes to you for troubleshooting, track repairs, wiring, and scenery work.


Con-Cor International Update

Con-Cor International has closed. The remaining RTR inventory has moved to ArizonaHobbies.com and will be listed as it's inventoried, so check back often.

LaBelle Lubricants Has a New Home

ConCorTrains.com is now LaBelle-Lubricants.com, the new home for all LaBelle products.

Con-Cor International
Con-Cor International
Shop now
Arizona Hobbies·3600 S Palo Verde Rd, 109, Tucson AZ 85713, United States
No longer want to receive these emails? Unsubscribe
© 2026 Arizona Hobbies






nickelplate759

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3843
  • Respect: +1591
Re: Con-Cor has died a slow death.
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2026, 05:06:11 PM »
0
Silver lining - Arizona hobbies is opening a retail store! 

I've bought paint, etc. from them several times, but they're just across town and it always seemed silly to have it shipped.

I don't expect much, if anything, in the way of N-scale stock there, but it's a start!
George
NKPH&TS #3628

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.

wm3798

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 16564
  • Gender: Male
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +7454
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Re: Con-Cor has died a slow death.
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2026, 06:15:52 PM »
+1
My favorite Foob.



Guess I'll go run my PAs tonight.
Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

Point353

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3733
  • Respect: +917
Re: Con-Cor has died a slow death.
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2026, 06:59:15 PM »
0
My favorite Foob.



Guess I'll go run my PAs tonight.
Lee

Do you have the Alco DL-109 locos that came with the "National Limited" set?