Author Topic: City Belt Line (N-scale )  (Read 44841 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Slim Rail Mike

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 223
  • Respect: +693
Re: City Belt Line (N-scale )
« Reply #180 on: September 25, 2026, 09:59:40 PM »
+4
     Over the last couple of weeks did some work to make the layout space more comfortable. Disassembled all the modules to make space. Installed salvaged vinyl flooring in garage. Thinking about a partial ceiling , to slow down the rain of dirt. Maybe in the spring.

      The layout has been re-assembled. I’ve omitted the ferry slip module. With the ferry in place the layout just fits in my space. I thought of shortening it, but the Las Plumas won’t fit a smaller module. Not using the the ferry module allows free movement around the layout with the garage door closed. Need to make a shorter stand-in module to allow operation as I’ve envisioned it.

I watcher Boomer, on YT. I got fired up and finished painting the rest of the yard tracks.




Michael, in NorCal
Modeling the San Francisco waterfront in the 1950's

Slim Rail Mike

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 223
  • Respect: +693
Re: City Belt Line (N-scale )
« Reply #181 on: October 03, 2026, 07:43:08 PM »
+4
I started the Best Foods plant on my Florida St T-Trac-1 double module. I found the building stuffed in a box for the last um-teen years. I had forgotten I had started modeling this industry. It was going to be a low relief structure. The prototype is a complex of about 10 buildings on about one and a quarter small city blocks.

     This model is a mix of components of the various buildings to make an impression of the industry. The tanks are ½” sched 40 pvc. I wrapped them in Clever Bros welded seam steel tank texture. The cat walks are scraps from a diesel service kit.










Michael, in NorCal
Modeling the San Francisco waterfront in the 1950's