0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Last I heard, owner of ARM is not in good health. So, if you need it......
I second Arizona Rock & Minerals.As any long time N Scaler knows…you buy it when it’s available.I have a sh!t load of it, suited to my needs.
Nice find on the Amazon sieves Buddy. I just picked up a brass #40 and #50 for about 50% more--would have gone with these had I known.With the #40 and #50, I sifted several different AR&M ballasts into three grades:Coarse (didn't pass thru the #40): looks a little big for n scale ballastMedium (passed thru 40, but not 50): Looks good for n scale ballastFines (passed thru both): this is closer to the powder I think, fine for industrial areas. What was interesting was that some of the colors ordered were a pretty even mix of all three grades: 1121, 1331, for example.Others were about 20% medium and 80% fines: 1231, 2011, and 1511. this was sort of disappointing to get such a low yield. I was planning to mix 50/50 of the medium and fines for a industry yard siding. The medium and coarse mixed together also seemed pretty good for ballast, especially main line.