Author Topic: Railway Prototype Cyclopedia  (Read 1776 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

central.vermont

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2627
  • Gender: Male
  • Jon
  • Respect: +148
Railway Prototype Cyclopedia
« on: October 26, 2019, 04:58:43 PM »
0
Scored big today at a local train show.
Issues 1 thru 29 of RPC for $35.00!!!!  :o :o

I have never seen these before today so know nothing about them. I did quick look through and they have a wealth of info
in them. Can anyone tell me more about the publisher? I cannot find a web site and want to know if there are more issues beyond 29.

Also once I went through them I have found out that I have 2 #26 and am missing #24.
If anyone has 24 and needs 26 maybe we can make a swap. I see I am going to have some significant reading for a while!!  :D

Jon



« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 05:00:21 PM by central.vermont »

wcfn100

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 8945
  • Respect: +1381
    • Chicago Great Western Modeler
Re: Railway Prototype Cyclopedia
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2019, 05:02:24 PM »
0
Very much jealous.

I believe it ended at volume 34 with 31-32 being a combined issue.  Some of those go for pretty good money.

I'm always on the lookout for the one with the Phosphate cars (Volume 4?).

Jason
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 05:03:59 PM by wcfn100 »

Missaberoad

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3831
  • Gender: Male
  • Ryan in Alberta
  • Respect: +1376
Re: Railway Prototype Cyclopedia
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2019, 05:19:47 PM »
0
That has to be the deal of the year...
I have a hand full of issues and paid well over that...

central.vermont

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2627
  • Gender: Male
  • Jon
  • Respect: +148
Re: Railway Prototype Cyclopedia
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2019, 05:24:44 PM »
0
Yes it is issue 4 Jason. There are 13 pages dedicated to it.
Is there some info in the article that you need?

Jon

Mark5

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11869
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +939
Re: Railway Prototype Cyclopedia
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2019, 05:29:27 PM »
0
Love these things - awesome deal!

Website is down though: https://www.s164.com/2018/04/railway-prototype-cyclopedia.html

You can download the index here: http://www.s164.org/libr/misc/RPCYC_Article_Index1-34.pdf

Mark


central.vermont

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2627
  • Gender: Male
  • Jon
  • Respect: +148
Re: Railway Prototype Cyclopedia
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2019, 05:35:51 PM »
0
Love these things - awesome deal!

Website is down though: https://www.s164.com/2018/04/railway-prototype-cyclopedia.html

You can download the index here: http://www.s164.org/libr/misc/RPCYC_Article_Index1-34.pdf

Mark
Thank you for the index listing!!!
Jon

wcfn100

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 8945
  • Respect: +1381
    • Chicago Great Western Modeler
Re: Railway Prototype Cyclopedia
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2019, 05:38:22 PM »
0
Yes it is issue 4 Jason. There are 13 pages dedicated to it.
Is there some info in the article that you need?


It was a car I was interested in trying to draw up for printing a few years ago, but I've up to my ears in projects now that it's way down the list.  I would be interested in knowing the type of drawing that's included with the article.  Is it just a shop diagram with just the basic dimensions, or more of an general arraignment drawing that gets down to the bolt sizes?

Jason

SandyEggoJake

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 517
  • It's pronounced Sandy AHHH Go
  • Respect: +54
Re: Railway Prototype Cyclopedia
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2019, 06:12:00 PM »
0
@wcfn100

It's a shop diagram with just the basic dims.  (pg 74)  You still at owlmtmodels@yahoo.com or am I mixing you up with another? 

BTW, as a kid who hails from Rochester, love the Jolt Cola logo.   If you don't know, it's back! https://www.joltcola.com/


@central.vermont

Congrats.  You got a steal.  When then first came out the asking price was $20.95.  Each.  As some are rare and in demand, they often go for that and more still.