Author Topic: Need help with Rasputen vehicles!  (Read 1384 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

arbomambo

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1529
  • Respect: +1598
Need help with Rasputen vehicles!
« on: May 19, 2020, 02:58:17 PM »
0
Hello all,
 This is an embarrassing request...
I purchased some of the beautiful vehicles from Rasputen a while back.
I was in the process of cleaning them up in anticipation of priming for paint and wanted to research paint schemes when I suddenly realized I had forgotten which vehicles these are!
Can anyone help me identify the year, make, and model of these particular vehicles ( from left to right) so that I can search for proto paint schemes?
Thanks in advance!
~Bruce

"STILL Thrilled to be in N scale!"

Bruce M. Arbo
CATT- Coastal Alabama T-TRAK
https://nationalt-traklayout.com/


wazzou

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6812
  • #GoCougs
  • Respect: +1736
Re: Need help with Rasputen vehicles!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 03:12:57 PM »
0
The easiest way to do it would be to locate one of his posts announcing some new vehicles as they are usually accompanied by an up to date .pdf cataloging all of his available cars.

https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=40518.0;attach=33896
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 03:15:37 PM by wazzou »
Bryan

Member of NPRHA, Modeling Committee Member
http://www.nprha.org/
Member of MRHA


Chris333

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 19622
  • Respect: +6938
Re: Need help with Rasputen vehicles!
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 03:20:17 PM »
0
Fleetline-Studebaker-Cadilac-Chevy-Chevy?

wazzou

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6812
  • #GoCougs
  • Respect: +1736
Re: Need help with Rasputen vehicles!
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 04:28:41 PM »
+1
My best guesses...

1 ‘46 Chevy Fleetline
2 ‘50 Studebaker
3 ‘52 Cadillac
4 ‘51 Dodge Coronet Wagon
5 ‘51 Pontiac
Bryan

Member of NPRHA, Modeling Committee Member
http://www.nprha.org/
Member of MRHA


cec209

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 237
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +59
Re: Need help with Rasputen vehicles!
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2020, 05:48:28 PM »
0
Hello all,
 This is an embarrassing request...
I purchased some of the beautiful vehicles from Rasputen a while back.
I was in the process of cleaning them up in anticipation of priming for paint and wanted to research paint schemes when I suddenly realized I had forgotten which vehicles these are!
Can anyone help me identify the year, make, and model of these particular vehicles ( from left to right) so that I can search for proto paint schemes?
Thanks in advance!
~Bruce


The link wazzou gave didn't work for me but try: https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=40518.15
If that doesn't work Google Rasputen N Scale vehicle kits. There are several entries that take you back to TRW forum. Combined there are several pages of photos and identities of his vehicles.
Charlie

Charlie

wazzou

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6812
  • #GoCougs
  • Respect: +1736
Re: Need help with Rasputen vehicles!
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2020, 07:11:42 PM »
0
Hmm. It worked for me.  It should lead to a .pdf download of the February ‘20 catalog.
Bryan

Member of NPRHA, Modeling Committee Member
http://www.nprha.org/
Member of MRHA


Rasputen

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 593
  • Respect: +417
Re: Need help with Rasputen vehicles!
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2020, 09:41:18 PM »
0
Bryan, you are pretty close.  The Studebaker is a '51 model, I think the only difference was the number of bars in the bullet nose.