Author Topic: IM Tunnel motor up and quit- any troubleshooting suggestions?  (Read 2539 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

engineshop

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 882
  • Respect: +20
    • http://www.engineshop.org
Re: IM Tunnel motor up and quit- any troubleshooting suggestions?
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2014, 01:53:34 PM »
0
My IM tunnel motor did the same thing. I took it apart and the two cast metal pieces fell apart in dozens of pieces. It had zinc pest. IM replaced the pieces.


nkalanaga

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 10593
  • Respect: +1771
Re: IM Tunnel motor up and quit- any troubleshooting suggestions?
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2014, 02:31:43 AM »
0
Roland:  I've heard of that in older models, but not in models from the last couple decades.  I wonder if they got  their metal from a new supplier?
N Kalanaga
Be well

squirrelhunter

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 794
  • Respect: +214
Re: IM Tunnel motor up and quit- any troubleshooting suggestions?
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2015, 11:23:56 PM »
0
UPDATE: I was able to get my TM apart to give it a through once over. Everything checked out ok- trucks, worm gears, drive shaft. Turned out it was the contact between the motor leads and the PC board. I bent the leads up a bit so they would contact better and used some rubbing alcohol to clean the bottom of the PC board contacts, which had a little dirt on them. It runs well now.

Thanks for all your help guys!

jagged ben

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3370
  • Respect: +589
Re: IM Tunnel motor up and quit- any troubleshooting suggestions?
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2015, 12:23:44 AM »
0
Just like I said.  8)