Author Topic: Thomas as steam kitbash fodder  (Read 7820 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Lemosteam

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6435
  • Gender: Male
  • PRR, The Standard Railroad of my World
  • Respect: +4953
Re: Thomas as steam kitbash fodder
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 08:28:08 PM »
0
Looks like lots of room to grind off the chassis for a decoder and lots of room for a quality repower.  Are all the gears metal?  Nice big drivers on there compared to the Minitrix 0-6-0.  I made a nice running tank engine from one of those...

http://flic.kr/p/9m1hKT

John "Lemosteam" LeMerise

timwatson

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 706
  • Respect: +331
    • N Scale Rail
Re: Thomas as steam kitbash fodder
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 10:11:35 PM »
0
Ah John that's a nice little steamer. I've enjoyed seeing your steam pics on Flickr. The gears are plastic. Delrin flavored I would guess.
Tim Watson
My pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nscalerail/sets/

Technology, new ideas and model railroading.

Lemosteam

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6435
  • Gender: Male
  • PRR, The Standard Railroad of my World
  • Respect: +4953
Re: Thomas as steam kitbash fodder
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2012, 06:20:08 AM »
0
TIm, I never posted with thanks for the kind words and compliment.  Thank you for following my humble work. 

Is the worm in the loco metal?
John "Lemosteam" LeMerise