Author Topic: BLMA's CR gon  (Read 1365 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

daniel_leavitt2000

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6444
  • Respect: +1427
BLMA's CR gon
« on: July 23, 2011, 03:18:35 PM »
0
Anyone know what time frame these got to? I know they were seldom seen by my era (1998) but I would like to find an excuse to get some.
American eyes, American eyes
View the world from American eyes
Bury the past, rob us blind
And leave nothing behind

ai5629

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 801
  • Respect: +247
Re: BLMA's CR gon
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 05:41:43 PM »
0
These cars reached the end of their revenue service lives in 1991 since they were built in 1951.  Many were pushed into MOW service, received new 5 digit numbers painted on yellow ends (panels 1 to 4) and continued to serve Conrail in that capacity for many years.  I have also seen these cars with their revenue service numbers performing MOW late into the 90's.  I would pick up all five numbers and load them up with ties.  Thanks.

Jeff
Jeff Lopez