Author Topic: Anyone deal with N Scale Division -online hobby store?  (Read 2997 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

dieselfan1

  • Guest
Anyone deal with N Scale Division -online hobby store?
« on: April 19, 2011, 07:21:13 PM »
0
They were listed on the NMRA website so I placed an order. Anyone ever use these guys?

Bendtracker1

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1546
  • Remember The Rock!
  • Respect: +1647
    • The Little Rock Line
Re: Anyone deal with N Scale Division -online hobby store?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 10:08:25 PM »
0
I placed an order with them about 4 months ago.  I was looking for a certain FVM boxcar that my LHS forgot to order.
They had an easy shopping cart and checkout.  Within two days I had the car via USPS Priority.

Their prices seemed to be in line as well as their shipping.  I'd go back again.

Allen...

dieselfan1

  • Guest
Re: Anyone deal with N Scale Division -online hobby store?
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 05:48:20 AM »
0
Thats the answer I was looking for. ;D

towl1996

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 818
  • Chairman of TRW Busty Cougar Welcoming Committee
  • Respect: +186
Re: Anyone deal with N Scale Division -online hobby store?
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 07:01:16 PM »
0
I seem to recall they were on the UP_ Modeler approved vendor list, if that means anything to ya...  :P
Thanks
Never argue with idiots; they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

John

  • Administrator
  • Crew
  • *****
  • Posts: 14006
  • Respect: +4180
Re: Anyone deal with N Scale Division -online hobby store?
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 10:10:31 PM »
0
I seem to recall they were on the UP_ Modeler approved vendor list, if that means anything to ya...  :P
Thanks

did they sell Brittney Spears blow up dolls?

dieselfan1

  • Guest
Re: Anyone deal with N Scale Division -online hobby store?
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 07:04:25 AM »
0
Ordered on Sunday afternoon and the package was in the mail today. They had some Athearn 33000 tank cars I have been searching for so I gave them a shot, and I'm glad I did. I highly recommend them.

Brakie

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 637
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +4
Re: Anyone deal with N Scale Division -online hobby store?
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 10:00:57 AM »
0
I seem to recall they were on the UP_ Modeler approved vendor list, if that means anything to ya...  :P
Thanks

Now there's a name I haven't heard of in years..
Larry

Summerset Ry.

flight2000

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 795
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +370
Re: Anyone deal with N Scale Division -online hobby store?
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 11:39:34 AM »
0
Why are some shops deathly afraid to ship to an APO/FPO???  That is one thing that will get a company on my "do not buy from, ever" list.  Guess I can add another one to it....  >:(    Thankfully, it's a short list.  

Brian
I've never met a covered hopper I didn't like.... :)
My (HO) NW Ohio Layout Feed: https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=57633.msg793742#msg793742

John

  • Administrator
  • Crew
  • *****
  • Posts: 14006
  • Respect: +4180
Re: Anyone deal with N Scale Division -online hobby store?
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 12:35:34 PM »
0
Why are some shops deathly afraid to ship to an APO/FPO???  

Them are foreign countries - don'tcha know .. them Army Post Offices - Fleet Post Offices ain't Merican ...

The best answer I can find is this ...

Quote
Most APO/FPO addresses have the following general restrictions:

    * Packages may not exceed 70 lbs. (Some zip codes have lower limits)
    * Packages may not exceed 130 inches in combined length and girth. (This means if you have a package that is 100" in length and 40" when you measure around it, you cannot send the item)
    * All packages must be sent via the U.S. Postal System. The post office also requires companies or individuals to hand deliver packages being sent to APO/FPO addresses. (This is one reason why many merchants won't ship to APO/FPO addresses.)
    * Firearms, alcohol, perishable foodstuffs and certain hazardous items also are restricted. Each zip code has a more detailed list of the restrictions for certain types of products.

For a complete description of the restrictions at your APO/FPO address, enter your zipcode in the box on the left.  This database is kept current with the twice-monthly Postal Bulletin Publication, which outlines all APO FPO zip code changes.  Please note that the customs forms mentioned in the restrictions apply to packages and not to typical letters that just weight a few ounces.

DKS

  • The Pitt
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 13424
  • Respect: +7027
Re: Anyone deal with N Scale Division -online hobby store?
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 12:59:21 PM »
0
Them are foreign countries - don'tcha know .. them Army Post Offices - Fleet Post Offices ain't Merican ...

The best answer I can find is this ...


You also need to fill out a customs form at the Post Office, and declare all contents. Another reason merchants won't ship to them.

delamaize

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2653
  • Gender: Male
  • Prairie Line Native
  • Respect: +1024
Re: Anyone deal with N Scale Division -online hobby store?
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 01:51:48 PM »
0
You also need to fill out a customs form at the Post Office, and declare all contents. Another reason merchants won't ship to them.

this is true both directions, every time I send anything bigger than a letter I have to do a customs form. My local MPS are a bunch of jerk (just the outgoing mail, the incoming, CMR, is great!) and the Post master is a ignorant jerk who makes up his own rules. For instance: the regulation states that you can send canned food now, they changed it about 6 months ago, be refuses to allow it because he "Don't think it is a good idea." The gave me greif once on a custom form because I listed a box of christmas clothing for my Nephew as "Cloths, 4 pieces" they wanted me to be specific, down to the color or each, witch isn't requires. I decided to be a smart a$$, and the next time I sent a letter, I did a custom form, and included the linera inches of paper used in the doccument being shipped and in the envlope, got online and figured out about how much ink is used when you print a document, and listed that, and the icing on the cake, I listed my saliva I used to seal the envelope. Luckly, he is retiring this month.

Quote
All packages must be sent via the U.S. Postal System. The post office also requires companies or individuals to hand deliver packages being sent to APO/FPO addresses. (This is one reason why many merchants won't ship to APO/FPO addresses.)

this isn't always true, Amazon for instance I know does not hand deliver all their packages to the post office. and I kknow they don't hand write their forms either. I personally feel their is no good excuse to not ship APO/FPO, especally with flat rate boxes being redialy avaible, and cheep. I personally feel that it is Lazyness, and I do NOT give anyone buisness that will not ship APO/FPO. I mean, we (well not Me anymore, but my wife) bust our asses for the country, the least retailers can do is spend the few extra miniutes to do APO/FPO orders.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 01:53:57 PM by delamaize »
Mike
Skookumchuck Belt Line Founder

Northern Pacific, Tacoma Division, 4th subdivision "The Prarie Line" (still in planning stages)

flight2000

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 795
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +370
Re: Anyone deal with N Scale Division -online hobby store?
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 04:05:26 PM »
0
Everything is automated online now and that includes the customs forms.  You no longer have to wait and fill out the forms at the post office.  I've been doing this for a number of years and it's not that hard, really.  It's not like all of their sales are going to be destined for APO's anyway (maybe 2% if that).  It's a lame excuse if you ask me and that's why they won't get my business.  To many other good shops will do that without any problems.  Just ask the Feather River Pusher (aka Chulvis!!)...  ;D ;D  I have another one on the way now....

Sorry to high jack the thread, it just got under my skin because I saw they had some of the LPG Late tankers and wanted to get some until I saw their shipping policy.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 04:14:49 PM by flight2000 »
I've never met a covered hopper I didn't like.... :)
My (HO) NW Ohio Layout Feed: https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=57633.msg793742#msg793742