Author Topic: Illinois Central decals  (Read 2893 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

nscalemike

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 400
  • Respect: +13
Illinois Central decals
« on: April 11, 2011, 01:25:25 PM »
0
Hi everyone,

I am trying to find decal sets for Illinois Central locos.  I can't seem to find any loco painted in IC, so I was going to give it a shot myself, but now can't find the decals.  Microscale has their set 60-528, but they are out of stock.  I called them and they said the decals have been discontinued.  A check on google, ebay, etc, has not provided anything either.

Does anyone on here know of a place that you can get either the out of production microscale decals or decals from another provider for IC modern era locos.  I'm looking for the pre-CN merger scheme, all black with white lettering.  Something like this:

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=860872

Thanks for the help!
Mike

wcfn100

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 8947
  • Respect: +1383
    • Chicago Great Western Modeler
Re: Illinois Central decals
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 01:42:09 PM »
0
FWIW,tyically when MS has truely discontinued a decal set, they remove them from the site when the stock gets to zero.  Your set says it's still active, just not in stock. 

I would contact Chris as MS and ask if he knows when they plan to re-run it.

Jason

ai5629

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 801
  • Respect: +247
Re: Illinois Central decals
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 10:52:41 PM »
0
Another FWIW.  Daniel Kohlberg makes a lot of HO and N scale IC, ICG and other road name decals.  The web site is: (http://home.mindspring.com/~paducah/).  If the web address does not work, just Google "Daniel Kohlberg".  I ordered his PRR H40 decals and they are excellent.  Thanks.

Jeff
Jeff Lopez

nickelplate759

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3845
  • Respect: +1592
Re: Illinois Central decals
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 11:35:38 PM »
0
I've used Mr. Kohlberg's decals (albiet in NKP, not IC) - they're terrific.
George
NKPH&TS #3628

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.

nscalemike

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 400
  • Respect: +13
Re: Illinois Central decals
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 09:14:33 AM »
0
Another FWIW.  Daniel Kohlberg makes a lot of HO and N scale IC, ICG and other road name decals.  The web site is: (http://home.mindspring.com/~paducah/).  If the web address does not work, just Google "Daniel Kohlberg".  I ordered his PRR H40 decals and they are excellent.  Thanks.

Jeff

Thanks for this,  I saw his site while searching for the decals online.  I didn't see what I was looking for on there, but I emailed him today to check if he has any plans to make any.  Glad to here they are good quality. Thanks!