Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
Home
Help
Login
Register
TheRailwire
»
General Discussion
»
N and Z Scales
»
Stripping B-mann Acela Trainset
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Down
Author
Topic: Stripping B-mann Acela Trainset (Read 1356 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
One of One-Sixty
Crew
Posts: 1304
Respect:
+3
Stripping B-mann Acela Trainset
«
on:
October 08, 2010, 10:10:37 PM »
0
Has anybody tried to strip a Bachmann Acela Engine or Car or the HHP-8? How about removing the decals?
I want to do one up as the Bombardier JetTrain which was a one off prototype based on the Acela, but using jet turbines inside of pantograpghs.
Logged
“My deeds must be my life. When I am gone, they will speak for me.”-
Stephen Girard
Modeling a modern Pennsylvania Railroad 1996-Present
daniel_leavitt2000
Crew
Posts: 6444
Respect:
+1427
Re: Stripping B-mann Acela Trainset
«
Reply #1 on:
October 08, 2010, 10:44:49 PM »
0
91% isopropyl alcohol should work.
Logged
American eyes, American eyes
View the world from American eyes
Bury the past, rob us blind
And leave nothing behind
One of One-Sixty
Crew
Posts: 1304
Respect:
+3
Re: Stripping B-mann Acela Trainset
«
Reply #2 on:
October 09, 2010, 01:03:46 AM »
0
I have bottles of the stuff, but curious as to how B-mann shell will react to it, and how stubborn the paint is.
I have to use 70% on the Metroliners so with these being newer, I am curious.
Logged
“My deeds must be my life. When I am gone, they will speak for me.”-
Stephen Girard
Modeling a modern Pennsylvania Railroad 1996-Present
bigford
Guest
Re: Stripping B-mann Acela Trainset
«
Reply #3 on:
October 09, 2010, 02:42:18 PM »
0
i stripped an older b-mann dd40 with 91% and the paint looked
like it peeled off in sheets. the shell was stained yellow but
was squeaky clean
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Up
« previous
next »
TheRailwire
»
General Discussion
»
N and Z Scales
»
Stripping B-mann Acela Trainset