Author Topic: Has anyone tried this brick sheet material?  (Read 5701 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Zox

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1120
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2
    • Lord Zox's Home Page
Re: Has anyone tried this brick sheet material?
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2010, 08:03:21 PM »
0
But then, assuming everything is correct (which would be amazing), you may run the risk of something not "reading" the way it should because a correct object or surface may actually look incorrect to the eye.

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly. I just enjoy the wide range of things that people consider "acceptable," depending on how interested they are in a particular subject.

Everyone's a rivet counter, for a suitable definition of "rivet"... :)
Rob M., a.k.a. Zox
z o x @ v e r i z o n . n e t
http://lordzox.com/
It is said a Shaolin chef can wok through walls...

lashedup

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 879
  • Respect: +108
    • Model 160
Re: Has anyone tried this brick sheet material?
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2010, 05:50:19 PM »
0
I agree. I think David's got a great point about scale size and perceptions. Bringing everything into actual scale looks great in close-up photos but to most people not so great and often cluttered in real life because of how broad a scene you're viewing. Truthfully I didn't sweat trying to find absolute scale brick sheets on this tower project, but instead went with something that was better than what was typically offered. I'm building a warehouse building right now that is actually using scale correct cement block and it has a staggered height roof that required me to trim down to the individual brick (which isn't too difficult with cement block). What is a pain is working with resin castings for the cement block since that's all I could find at the time.


Dave Schneider

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2377
  • Respect: +51
Re: Has anyone tried this brick sheet material?
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2010, 06:59:47 PM »
0
I went ahead and ordered some of the brick sheets from the "We honest" seller on eBay as referenced at the start of this tread. When they arrive I will follow up with a comparison to the NSA sheets.

Best wishes, Dave
If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.