Author Topic: Downtown Deco  (Read 1930 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ian MacMillan

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12034
  • Gender: Male
  • Learn to use the god damn search feature!
  • Respect: +167
    • Conrail's Amoskeag Northern Division
Downtown Deco
« on: August 24, 2010, 07:22:26 PM »
0
Randy from DD is our newest member! Welcome!  Randy how about some of the HO buildings moving to N like Addams Ave IV and V and Horowitz Garment?!

Also the N Shipping Warehouse Flat that was 2 stories taller would be nice! I have used that kit several times on the layout and it is one of my favorites.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 08:50:09 AM by Ian MacMillan »
I WANNA SEE THE BOAT MOVIE!

Yes... I'm in N... Also HO and 1:1

John

  • Administrator
  • Crew
  • *****
  • Posts: 14006
  • Respect: +4180
Re: Downtown Deco
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 07:58:35 PM »
0
Randy from DD is our newest member! Randy how about some of the HO buildings moving to NV and V and Horowitz Garment?!

Also the N Shipping Warehouse Flat that was 2 stories taller would be nice!  ;D

Oh .. by the way, welcome to the forum .. :) ;)

daniel_leavitt2000

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6444
  • Respect: +1427
Re: Downtown Deco
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 11:03:09 PM »
0
Welcome Randy.

Now how about making this:


Carved stone, thick walls perfect for plaster casting.
This type of station used all over the Boston line. Station could be kitbashed bigger or smaller to fit modeler's needs.
Unique prototype of a stone station has not been done in N scale.

American eyes, American eyes
View the world from American eyes
Bury the past, rob us blind
And leave nothing behind

Ian MacMillan

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12034
  • Gender: Male
  • Learn to use the god damn search feature!
  • Respect: +167
    • Conrail's Amoskeag Northern Division
Re: Downtown Deco
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 11:05:06 PM »
0
The East Brookfield depot was done in HO, but the kit is hard to find now. Would be nice to also have in N for a Framingham kitbash.
I WANNA SEE THE BOAT MOVIE!

Yes... I'm in N... Also HO and 1:1

daniel_leavitt2000

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6444
  • Respect: +1427
Re: Downtown Deco
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 11:21:33 PM »
0
The B&A depots were the personal work of Henry Hobson Richardson, pretty much the Raymond Loewy of early American archutecture. He was the father of Richardson Romanesque design, examples of which can be found in many universities, churches, and municipal buildings built just prior to the turn of the 20th centuary.
American eyes, American eyes
View the world from American eyes
Bury the past, rob us blind
And leave nothing behind

up1950s

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9964
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2883
Re: Downtown Deco
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 11:41:10 PM »
0
Any water mill lumber company WOOD be nice . Most water wheel powered structures were made from stone 'cause wood would rot with all the splashing .




Richie Dost

Subwayaz

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 79
  • Respect: +1
Re: Downtown Deco
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 01:22:25 AM »
0
How about Urban Residential;  Brownstones, or Rowhouses.  I think I have yet to see or buy a kit of yours that was strictly residential.
Like the one kit you folks already make with the different stores; even if that was made a couple of stories taller.  As you might see in an Urban City;  up on the Avenue.
I would sure buy a couple and I'm sure I'm not alone there.

Or is it that I just an Urban kinda guy?  And sure doesn't hurt that I really like your kits, they fit my needs iin both HO and N scales