Author Topic: Tank Car Spreadsheet Data  (Read 2621 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ljudice

  • Guest
Tank Car Spreadsheet Data
« on: July 07, 2010, 09:02:46 AM »
0
Does ANYONE (except for Highball, who has a couple of sets that happen to include them) - make modern Tank Car spreadsheet data blocks - that have replaced the old data on tank cars?

These would be an easy and great product for someone out there to do - especially if done on a black and or white background....


GaryHinshaw

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6761
  • Respect: +2638
Re: Tank Car Spreadsheet Data
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 10:13:05 AM »
0
Highball has a few sets in HO that would great to have in N, eg.:

http://www.mgdecals.com/F-163.htm

http://www.mgdecals.com/FCD-4.htm

I asked them about printing these in N and got nowhere.  Why don't you nag them too?  Their printing is excellent.

-gfh

ljudice

  • Guest
Re: Tank Car Spreadsheet Data
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 10:21:52 AM »
0
Gary - thanks, I missed those two...

I actually have a nag into Highball - suggesting a set of the spreadsheets in N and HO...  No answer yet ...

Anyone else willing to do some nagging??

Ian MacMillan

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12034
  • Gender: Male
  • Learn to use the god damn search feature!
  • Respect: +167
    • Conrail's Amoskeag Northern Division
Re: Tank Car Spreadsheet Data
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 11:06:56 AM »
0
I know Jim very well....and he lives right down the street. If you find an HO set that he has he will do it in N but there is I believe a 5 or 10 order min of that set. If he already has it in N then there is no min order.
I WANNA SEE THE BOAT MOVIE!

Yes... I'm in N... Also HO and 1:1

ljudice

  • Guest
Re: Tank Car Spreadsheet Data
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 11:36:01 AM »
0
That's not bad - I could use 5-10 of that F163 set for sure.

GaryHinshaw

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6761
  • Respect: +2638
Re: Tank Car Spreadsheet Data
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 01:52:27 PM »
0
That's not bad - I could use 5-10 of that F163 set for sure.

Me too, F-163.  I'll send Jim a note and maybe between us we'll have a critical mass.

Thanks for the heads up Ian.

-gfh

ljudice

  • Guest
Re: Tank Car Spreadsheet Data
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 10:21:30 AM »
0
Gary, any update on this?

pfs

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 571
  • HPI 1975-?
  • Respect: +5
Re: Tank Car Spreadsheet Data
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 01:16:37 PM »
0
I will jump in if there is a group order pending.

thanks

GaryHinshaw

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6761
  • Respect: +2638
Re: Tank Car Spreadsheet Data
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 04:17:03 PM »
0
Oops - I'm afraid I forgot all about this until now....  I just sent Highball an email describing the situation and asked him about minimum orders for an N scale printing.  I'll let y'all know how it goes.

-gfh

ljudice

  • Guest
Re: Tank Car Spreadsheet Data
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 04:30:54 PM »
0
I started looking at photos and existing models (all Atlas) to see what/where/how to do this - and I think it would be easy and fun to update some - including the dreaded conspicuity stripes!


daniel_leavitt2000

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6444
  • Respect: +1427
Re: Tank Car Spreadsheet Data
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2010, 07:21:45 AM »
0
A hex on you post 1999 modelers!

I really wish SOMEONE would due a plain Jane UTLX scheme set. The Athearn cars are nice, but I'm much more interested in the 25-27K GS cars.
American eyes, American eyes
View the world from American eyes
Bury the past, rob us blind
And leave nothing behind

ljudice

  • Guest
Re: Tank Car Spreadsheet Data
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2010, 10:37:44 AM »
0
Hey Dan, BTW - I actually have 2 CR MID MOW and 1 Police set that I don't need - are you still interested?   

daniel_leavitt2000

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6444
  • Respect: +1427
Re: Tank Car Spreadsheet Data
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2010, 12:58:56 AM »
0
Yeah, I was designing my own set and had them printed out with some other graphics, but wasn't happy with the results.  PM me with how much and your adress.
American eyes, American eyes
View the world from American eyes
Bury the past, rob us blind
And leave nothing behind

GaryHinshaw

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6761
  • Respect: +2638
Re: Tank Car Spreadsheet Data
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2010, 05:49:43 PM »
0
Oops - I'm afraid I forgot all about this until now....  I just sent Highball an email describing the situation and asked him about minimum orders for an N scale printing.  I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Well, I never heard anything back from Jim at Highball.  Ian, if you're listening, perhaps you'd be willing to ping him?  The note I sent him (to info@mgdecals.com) is copied below.  If he doesn't want to do it, that's fine - I'll leave him alone.

Thanks,
Gary

There was a discussion on the Railwire forum recently about the availability of tank car "spreadsheet" decals in N scale.  We noted that you have a set F-163 in HO scale that would fit our needs were it available in N.  One of the moderators, and an acquaintance of yours, Ian McMillan, suggested that you might be willing to print this in N if a minimum order could be guaranteed.  Is that so?  I'm sure we could easily guarantee an order of 15 sets, but we might be able to drum up more if you had a higher number in mind.

If you are willing, please advise how you would like to proceed, e.g. would you collect firm orders until the minimum is reached?  Thank you in advance for your attention.  By the way, the quality of your product is excellent!


ljudice

  • Guest
Re: Tank Car Spreadsheet Data
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2010, 08:13:42 AM »
0
Gary - thanks for trying on this!