Author Topic: New product alert 19: Keystone Details, Huge Update!  (Read 12714 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Dave V

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12284
  • Gender: Male
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +11784
Re: New product alert 19: Keystone Details, Huge Update!
« Reply #135 on: October 03, 2026, 12:43:43 PM »
+1
F*** yeah! That’s gorgeous. Upping my anticipated order to 3.

Chris333

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 19617
  • Respect: +6938
Re: New product alert 19: Keystone Details, Huge Update!
« Reply #136 on: October 03, 2026, 01:20:51 PM »
0
Looks much better in paint. Even just primer. I prime my own stuff for my own eyes cause the resin is slightly transparent and messes with my eyes.

robert3985

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3562
  • Respect: +1936
Re: New product alert 19: Keystone Details, Huge Update!
« Reply #137 on: October 03, 2026, 04:19:06 PM »
+4
I am following this thread with great interest even though I am not an SPF, and I highly appreciate the efforts being made to get the details of this car as correct as possible.

However, upon looking at the most recent photos of the model and at the photo of the original, it appears to me that the baggage door portholes and the reinforced rivet line under the portholes on the doors is too high, with the top of the arc of the portholes being noticeably further down from the outside top edge of the door opening in the prototype photo than in the model photo.

Perhaps the angle of the model photo magnifies this, but when I visualize a line from the rivet line to the outside vertical edges of the baggage door in the model photo, it isn't low enough.

I've posted photos from this thread to easily compare, and, I think it should be pretty evident to see what I'm seeing.

I'm also assuming that fixing this would be pretty simple, and make a noticeable improvement in the prototype appearance of the model.

@Lemosteam - Keep up the excellent work!




Cheerio!
Bob Gilmore

Lemosteam

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6430
  • Gender: Male
  • PRR, The Standard Railroad of my World
  • Respect: +4944
Re: New product alert 19: Keystone Details, Huge Update!
« Reply #138 on: October 04, 2026, 12:18:33 PM »
+1
I am following this thread with great interest even though I am not an SPF, and I highly appreciate the efforts being made to get the details of this car as correct as possible.

However, upon looking at the most recent photos of the model and at the photo of the original, it appears to me that the baggage door portholes and the reinforced rivet line under the portholes on the doors is too high, with the top of the arc of the portholes being noticeably further down from the outside top edge of the door opening in the prototype photo than in the model photo.

Perhaps the angle of the model photo magnifies this, but when I visualize a line from the rivet line to the outside vertical edges of the baggage door in the model photo, it isn't low enough.

I've posted photos from this thread to easily compare, and, I think it should be pretty evident to see what I'm seeing.

I'm also assuming that fixing this would be pretty simple, and make a noticeable improvement in the prototype appearance of the model.

@Lemosteam - Keep up the excellent work!

Cheerio!
Bob Gilmore

I’ll take a look at the image overlay in CAD. Easy correction if required.
John "Lemosteam" LeMerise

Jesse6669

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1083
  • Respect: +2766
Re: New product alert 19: Keystone Details, Huge Update!
« Reply #139 on: October 04, 2026, 01:46:17 PM »
0
Could you just try a lower angle pic of the model from the same perspective as the prototype pic?

Lemosteam

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6430
  • Gender: Male
  • PRR, The Standard Railroad of my World
  • Respect: +4944
Re: New product alert 19: Keystone Details, Huge Update!
« Reply #140 on: October 05, 2026, 03:14:31 PM »
+6
I am following this thread with great interest even though I am not an SPF, and I highly appreciate the efforts being made to get the details of this car as correct as possible.

However, upon looking at the most recent photos of the model and at the photo of the original, it appears to me that the baggage door portholes and the reinforced rivet line under the portholes on the doors is too high, with the top of the arc of the portholes being noticeably further down from the outside top edge of the door opening in the prototype photo than in the model photo.

Perhaps the angle of the model photo magnifies this, but when I visualize a line from the rivet line to the outside vertical edges of the baggage door in the model photo, it isn't low enough.

I've posted photos from this thread to easily compare, and, I think it should be pretty evident to see what I'm seeing.

I'm also assuming that fixing this would be pretty simple, and make a noticeable improvement in the prototype appearance of the model.

@Lemosteam - Keep up the excellent work!

Cheerio!
Bob Gilmore

You were correct sir. The door is now corrected.
John "Lemosteam" LeMerise