Author Topic: PRR MoW grey  (Read 196 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jargonlet

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 328
  • Respect: +206
PRR MoW grey
« on: September 21, 2026, 12:35:47 PM »
0
I am working on a set of PRR camp cars that will be in mow grey. I was going to use SP lettering gray but then starting wondering how close Tamiya fine scale primer comes to that color. Any SP guys have thoughts on the how close the colors are

learmoia

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4663
  • Respect: +1285
    • The Youtube Channel
Re: PRR MoW grey
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2026, 07:25:27 PM »
0
I am working on a set of PRR camp cars that will be in mow grey. I was going to use SP lettering gray but then starting wondering how close Tamiya fine scale primer comes to that color. Any SP guys have thoughts on the how close the colors are

Smart of you to ask the SP guys... since PRR guys think Black is Green..  :trollface:
It turns out you can get black confetti in the shape of d'cks...

dougnelson

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1344
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2417
    • PRR N Scale
Re: PRR MoW grey
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2026, 11:54:15 PM »
+4
Here is my PRR MOW Gray wreck train.  I believe that I used Badger Accuflex Southern Pacific Letter Gray.  The X29 box car and the wrecker flat car are factory painted Red Caboose cars.  The two camp cars and the water tender are painted with the SP Letter Gray.  Decals are from Mount Vernon Shops (John Franz).



eja

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1527
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +279
Re: PRR MoW grey
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2026, 12:26:49 AM »
0
I am working on a set of PRR camp cars that will be in mow grey. I was going to use SP lettering gray but then starting wondering how close Tamiya fine scale primer comes to that color. Any SP guys have thoughts on the how close the colors are


I would guess that such a train very rarely, if ever, saw the wash rack.  I'd use any gray and dirty it up until you like the look.
ed