Author Topic: NKP-ish  (Read 39128 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

garethashenden

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2339
  • Respect: +1840
Re: NKP-ish
« Reply #210 on: Yesterday at 05:49:13 AM »
+1
I have two toggle switches, both DPDT. DCC power feeds into the middle of one. One output goes to the layout, the other goes to one side to the second switch. Leads to the programming track come from the middle of the second switch and the output from the LokProgrammer go to the other side of the second switch.

This gives me the options of either powering the layout or programming, and then a choice of LokProgrammer or JMRI.

Its worked pretty well overall. I did spend about an hour fighting with it last night, to eventually trace the fault to the switch no longer making internal contact. I'll replace the switch and all will be well. My programming track in on the workbench beneath the layout, rather than being a disguised siding.

nickelplate759

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3845
  • Respect: +1592
Re: NKP-ish
« Reply #211 on: Yesterday at 11:26:35 AM »
0
I have two toggle switches, both DPDT. DCC power feeds into the middle of one. One output goes to the layout, the other goes to one side to the second switch. Leads to the programming track come from the middle of the second switch and the output from the LokProgrammer go to the other side of the second switch.

This gives me the options of either powering the layout or programming, and then a choice of LokProgrammer or JMRI.

Its worked pretty well overall. I did spend about an hour fighting with it last night, to eventually trace the fault to the switch no longer making internal contact. I'll replace the switch and all will be well. My programming track in on the workbench beneath the layout, rather than being a disguised siding.

That's a good idea!  I may do the same - and move the programming track to my workbench just as you did.
George
NKPH&TS #3628

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.