Author Topic: Adding feeders to Atlas code 55 turnouts  (Read 847 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

GGNInNScale

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 202
  • Gender: Male
  • GGNinNScale
  • Respect: +175
Re: Adding feeders to Atlas code 55 turnouts
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2026, 07:58:09 PM »
0
I do the same as SAH above.  I found this absolutely necessary on PECO switches- using the contact of the switch rails to the mains proved to be too unreliable even in a clean room.  I binned 6 PECO switches trying to make them reliable...  So, I now hot wire them and use a couple of insulators on the frog rails.  Now always reliable.  I do the same thing on Atlas switches even though I never had an issue with HO or N scale since the late 1970s.  Kind of a belt-and-braces thing, I guess...