Author Topic: MTL coupler set for Atlas NE-6/5  (Read 962 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

OldEastRR

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3784
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +516
MTL coupler set for Atlas NE-6/5
« on: January 27, 2021, 10:48:58 AM »
0
I can't tell from the MTL site which coupler to use. The Atlas caboose has those T-shaped box covers and sits low, I thought there was an underslung MTL to fit that. Or do I need to completely remove the box and body mount an MTL? But that ends up too low, I seem to remember.

Mark5

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11869
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +939
Re: MTL coupler set for Atlas NE-6/5
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2021, 11:40:16 AM »
+1
Personally, I am happy with the Accumates on mine, but here's what I found:

From the MTL Site I went here ("Conversions" on the top "ribbon"):

https://micro-trains.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=10

And clicked on the Atlas/AHM/Athearn pdf: https://www.micro-trains.com/publicfiles/conversions/sheet001.pdf

I got this info:

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]


OldEastRR

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3784
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +516
Re: MTL coupler set for Atlas NE-6/5
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2021, 08:20:57 PM »
0
Thank you much. I'm not up on all the ins and outs of finding everything available on any company's websites.

bbussey

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9384
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +6187
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: MTL coupler set for Atlas NE-6/5
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2021, 08:26:51 AM »
+1
Remove the existing coupler pocket with an X-Acto except for the rear wall. Drill and tap #00-90 hole for #2004 coupler in a #2004 coupler box. I wrote an article on this for NSR years ago (Issue #30).

It states this in Mark’s graphic of the MTL conversation instructions above. It appears they are using the same method.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 08:31:01 AM by bbussey »
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net
Bridgeport & New London in N scale