Author Topic: Who made these?  (Read 1158 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Philip H

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9027
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1796
    • Layout Progress Blog
Who made these?
« on: May 08, 2020, 04:19:29 PM »
0
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=589023

And does anyone know of an nscale version?
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.


Missaberoad

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3831
  • Gender: Male
  • Ryan in Alberta
  • Respect: +1376
Re: Who made these?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 04:46:14 PM »
0
They appear to be cut down from former CN/ONR 42' Barrel ore cars, Originally built circa 1973 by National Steel Car.

http://www.railpictures.ca/upload/ontario-northland-ore-hopper-6613-is-seen-on-a-cn-unit-ore-train-heading-through-mile-30-near-milton-in-july-1974-this-car-was-part-of-a-group-of-61-nsc-built-3712cuft-cylindrical-covered-hoppers

I'm unaware of anyone who makes this car in N. Seems like it would be up a 3d printers alley tho!

Philip H

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9027
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1796
    • Layout Progress Blog
Re: Who made these?
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 04:54:21 PM »
0
i'll buy that.

Thanks!
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.


mu26aeh

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5865
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +4862
Re: Who made these?
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 04:57:33 PM »
0
Maybe you're thinking of one of the cars from the Kato Freight sets ?

Philip H

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9027
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1796
    • Layout Progress Blog
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.


RockGp40

  • The Pitt
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1067
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +343
Re: Who made these?
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2020, 06:17:43 PM »
+1
Maybe you're thinking of one of the cars from the Kato Freight sets ?

This is exactly what I was thinking. I have a one (Cargill I think?) just because I was curious.
No farms, no food. Support your local farmer's market!

I stand with Israel.

jpwisc

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1321
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +3924
    • Skally Line Blog
Re: Who made these?
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2020, 08:17:48 PM »
0
I’d love to build a couple of these in WC paint. [ Guests cannot view attachments ]
Karl
CEO of the WC White Pine Sub, an Upper Peninsula Branch Line.

Missaberoad

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3831
  • Gender: Male
  • Ryan in Alberta
  • Respect: +1376
Re: Who made these?
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2020, 08:40:46 PM »
+1
I’d love to build a couple of these in WC paint.

Those would be Cool to see... Former Algoma Central cars...

http://canadianfreightcargallery.ca/ac/ac8001.jpg

An Algoma Central ore train is on my bucket list somewhere, I might wind up modeling the ancient 55ton hoppers tho...

Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26099
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11575
    • Conrail 1285
Re: Who made these?
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2020, 10:01:10 AM »
0
I did a double take the first time I saw a string of these on the NEC. I thought we were being invaded!