Author Topic: Your own heritage fleet: what would you use?  (Read 3917 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

brokemoto

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1290
  • Respect: +296
Re: Your own heritage fleet: what would you use?
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2020, 11:45:04 AM »
0
This unit is still in service.

Was it always painted red?  I forget if N&W had dB/sg GP-9s.  SP did.   That one looks like an SD-something, but I am not sure what.

johnb

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1786
  • Respect: +969
    • My blog
Re: Your own heritage fleet: what would you use?
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2020, 01:23:42 PM »
0
I have contemplated buying a Micro Trains SW1500 shell and paint a tiger stripe road switcher PE loco...or a GP15...

High Hood

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 554
  • Respect: +168
Re: Your own heritage fleet: what would you use?
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2020, 05:18:06 PM »
0
I'd love to see a pair of Seaboard System SD70ACe's with a low headlight, or a trio of green or black painted Southern ES44AC's on a coal train. CSX has had so many paint schemes they could literally have a heritage fleet of their own paint schemes! I'll take an SD70ACe in the stealth scheme please! One day I'd like to paint up some motors in N&W Blue with gold Norfolk Southern lettering. I think a three motor consist like that would look really good.

JanesCustomTrain

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 397
  • Respect: +74
Re: Your own heritage fleet: what would you use?
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2020, 06:20:29 PM »
+2
This unit was commonly used for director's specials (business trains). All of the C30-7s that were in this scheme are gone (8010, 8076-8080). Some of them lasted in red until the late 80s.

https://www.railpictures.net/photo/215201/

Mark

Holy cow, this must have been a very heavy passenger train, two helper units needed pushing that train, blimey   ;)

Jane
I don't want to start any blasphemous rumors
But I think that God's got a sick sense of humor
And when I die I expect to find Him laughing...

Mark5

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11883
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +945
Re: Your own heritage fleet: what would you use?
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2020, 08:59:05 PM »
+1
Holy cow, this must have been a very heavy passenger train, two helper units needed pushing that train, blimey   ;)

Jane
:lol:


nkalanaga

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 10593
  • Respect: +1771
Re: Your own heritage fleet: what would you use?
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2020, 12:19:40 AM »
0
Not helpers - N&W ran long-hood-forward well into the second-generation era, as did the Southern.  That really is the front of the train.  Note that the headlight is on.  It wouldn't be on a rear helper.

Also, note the "F" on the sidesill, next to the steps, on the 6175.  The long hood is, officially, the front of the unit.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 12:23:31 AM by nkalanaga »
N Kalanaga
Be well

wm3798

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 16564
  • Gender: Male
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +7455
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Re: Your own heritage fleet: what would you use?
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2020, 12:43:05 AM »
+2
Well, obviously, a Conrail PA-1!
a Penn Central J3a Hudson
and without a doubt, a Tuscan red F-7 in the single stripe scheme!

And they'd all have to have really big flanges!

Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

nscaler711

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 926
  • Respect: +271
Re: Your own heritage fleet: what would you use?
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2020, 01:30:30 AM »
0
A P42 in both versions of the as delivered phase III schemes... not that abomination they are doing now.
Oddly, 66 was my favorite of the 4, and i guess now 130...

I wouldnt mind seeing a ACe in Superfleet, or SPSF its a cool paint scheme...


nkalanaga

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 10593
  • Respect: +1771
Re: Your own heritage fleet: what would you use?
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2020, 02:42:54 AM »
0
Lee:  Would you try to find a set of the old Walthers PC Steam Loco decals to letter your Hudson?
N Kalanaga
Be well

sd45elect2000

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1110
  • Respect: +453
Re: Your own heritage fleet: what would you use?
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2020, 07:39:35 AM »
0





Maybe one of these on FP45s?