Author Topic: Thursday Proto Photo, Oct 10/19  (Read 963 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Lenny53

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2297
  • Respect: +2062
Thursday Proto Photo, Oct 10/19
« on: October 10, 2019, 05:56:58 AM »
+4
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

davefoxx

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12341
  • Gender: Male
  • TRW Plaid Member
  • Respect: +8579
Re: Thursday Proto Photo, Oct 10/19
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 12:07:37 PM »
+2
Last Sunday, I was running on the trail near the NEC in Newark, Delaware and caught this lonely little Geep:



On the way home, I started thinking about it and thought that road number (No. 5300) sounded familiar.  I checked and sure enough, I have come across this unit before.  I think it used to be used as local power out of the former Chrysler Yard in Newark, and here is where I caught it in almost the same spot on March 17, 2010 (more than 9-1/2 years ago!):



DFF

A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!
Still General Counsel to the Laurel Valley Ry.

Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26099
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11584
    • Conrail 1285
Re: Thursday Proto Photo, Oct 10/19
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 01:54:57 PM »
+1
I got to hang out with Foxxy Dave last friday at Perryville.

Not the BEST photos, but they WERE all taken with my phone.









davefoxx

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12341
  • Gender: Male
  • TRW Plaid Member
  • Respect: +8579
Re: Thursday Proto Photo, Oct 10/19
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 02:28:44 PM »
0
Yes, as noted above, I got to hang out with Ed last Friday night, which turned out to be probably the best railfanning experience that I've had along the Northeast Corridor.  We caught five or six freight trains coming and going from the Port Road, a couple of MARC trains, and probably a dozen Amtrak trains.  My nighttime pictures did not turn out nearly as good as Ed's, so most weren't worth saving.  He has a better camera in his phone.

This is the first MARC commuter train that was in the station when I arrived in Perryville.  Here, it's deadheading back to Baltimore for the night:



The sunset was beautiful that evening.  Ed's shot in his previous post is better, though:



In case anyone is wondering, "Where's Ed?"  He's in Perryville.



Just moments after this picture was taken, an Amtrak train passed on the third or fourth track over, and an NS freight (entering the wye to go up the Port Road), a MARC commuter train (tied down in the station but over one track due to the freight), and an Amtrak train of Amtoobs was visible from this spot:



Again, a great night of railfanning.  Thanks for including me, Ed!

DFF

A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!
Still General Counsel to the Laurel Valley Ry.

ChristianJDavis1

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 570
  • Gender: Male
  • I almost killed DKS.
  • Respect: +226
Re: Thursday Proto Photo, Oct 10/19
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2019, 10:12:15 PM »
+3

Old (poor-quality) video from the SMS Railroad over two years ago. Finally uploaded it after remembering it existed; thought maybe someone would get some enjoyment out of it.
- Christian J. Davis

johnb

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1786
  • Respect: +969
    • My blog
Re: Thursday Proto Photo, Oct 10/19
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2019, 08:23:27 PM »
+3



I was standing on the original Southern Pacific right of way at Shawmut, AZ