Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
Home
Help
Login
Register
TheRailwire
»
General Discussion
»
Prototype Railroads: News, Photos, Research
»
CSX unit train through Charlotte to Wilmington(I guess). What is it?
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Down
Author
Topic: CSX unit train through Charlotte to Wilmington(I guess). What is it? (Read 989 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Specter3
Crew
Posts: 929
Respect:
+229
CSX unit train through Charlotte to Wilmington(I guess). What is it?
«
on:
April 28, 2016, 09:37:15 PM »
0
Have seen this guy a couple times headed east now. Gons with plastic covers. Wonder what it is. [ Guests cannot view attachments ]
Logged
mu26aeh
Crew
Posts: 5867
Gender:
Respect:
+4864
Re: CSX unit train through Charlotte to Wilmington(I guess). What is it?
«
Reply #1 on:
April 28, 2016, 09:43:32 PM »
0
I will go with contaminated soil
Logged
lock4244
Crew
Posts: 4586
Respect:
+886
Re: CSX unit train through Charlotte to Wilmington(I guess). What is it?
«
Reply #2 on:
April 29, 2016, 06:08:53 PM »
0
Can't see the whole car, but if the cars are placarded it'd be a good indication that it is contaminated soil. Otherwise, ore concentrates move in covered gons to smelters.
Logged
Now in Iowa
My train pics:
http://tinyurl.com/62uk24
More here:
http://www.railpictures.ca/author/lock4244
RockGp40
The Pitt
Crew
Posts: 1067
Gender:
Respect:
+344
Re: CSX unit train through Charlotte to Wilmington(I guess). What is it?
«
Reply #3 on:
May 01, 2016, 07:09:31 AM »
0
Coal ash, courtesy of the Duke Energy plants. Expect to see more of them.
Logged
No farms, no food. Support your local farmer's market!
I stand with Israel.
Specter3
Crew
Posts: 929
Respect:
+229
Re: CSX unit train through Charlotte to Wilmington(I guess). What is it?
«
Reply #4 on:
May 03, 2016, 09:11:34 PM »
+1
Once he said coal ash I looked it up and sure enough on Dukes site there is some video with these exact cars being loaded and unloaded with coal ash. They are being taken to two former clay mines that have been lined. The ash will be the fill material in reclaiming the mine site.
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Up
« previous
next »
TheRailwire
»
General Discussion
»
Prototype Railroads: News, Photos, Research
»
CSX unit train through Charlotte to Wilmington(I guess). What is it?