0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
I've installed a bunch of the CN-GP (and plain-old CN) decoders. It's not hard, but they do have one quirk - both boards must make good contact with the frame on both sides. If not, either they don't work or (happened once - surprised the heck out of me) the engine takes off full-speed-in-reverse.So before you do something more drastic, check to see if both boards are making good contact with the frame. If either is loose find a way to tighten it up (a layer of solder on the contact pad is one way) and see if that fixes the problem.
Thanks to all who responded and yes right out the box it wouldn't move (wrong address 92 out of 9215) and only the rear head light would function. Once, using the correct address it took off like a rocket was hard to stop with out changing direction and then finally I was able to gain speed control but definitely on the high end.To add to this challenge I had undergone surgery on my right hand the day before receiving the engine in the mail so currently have limited mobility to remove the body shell (is it a simple matter of slipping it on and off?) and look further. However, before doing that I'll try the re-set procedure and go from there. BTW, the seller has told me he will make it right so if all else fails I'll mail it back to him to handle/repair.Once again many thanks, for everyone's help. Barry