Author Topic: N scale decoder help.  (Read 813 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mecgp7

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 746
  • Respect: +278
N scale decoder help.
« on: October 12, 2013, 09:52:26 PM »
0
I asked under the DCC forum and haven't gotten very far. I have several light boards and decoders that got mixed up. Are there numbers on the decoders that identify them? I had 3-4 decoders and the rest were DC. The newer light boards have all kinds of electronic gizmos as do the decoders.
Thanks in advance,
Clint

mu26aeh

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5867
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +4864
Re: N scale decoder help.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 10:04:32 PM »
0
The decoders should have the name/number printed on them somewhere.  Alot of Atlas DC boards start with 645 or 817

peteski

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 35291
  • Gender: Male
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +6650
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: N scale decoder help.
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 11:02:33 PM »
0
I thought that your question on the DCC forum was clearly answered. There is no way to visually confuse straight DC light board with a DCC decoder board.  No need to look for part numbers.

Straight DC light board has very few components on it.  But a DCC decoder board is chock full of electronic components (probably around couple of dozen).

I don't have any photos handy, but even to a most untrained eye, the difference should be glaringly clear.  If you could post a photo of both types of boards you have, we'll gladly identify them for you.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 11:04:07 PM by peteski »
. . . 42 . . .