Author Topic: Torn  (Read 2389 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

C855B

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11425
  • Respect: +2893
Re: Torn
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2012, 01:26:47 PM »
0
No, we didn't fall in the turntable pit.  :P

I had to go to the "completed listings" to see the F3 that VTRG was talking about, so I guess he bought it. It was the older blue/gray scheme. There was at least one, maybe two BL-2s in that scheme a couple of tracks over, but they were stored under tarps. (Again, more BAR "class". What other Class I would store their surplus power under tarps?)

Anyway, after looking at that auction I hope it turns out all right. When a seller has that kind of eBay experience (600+ in this case), yet there is but one photo of the item and it is very out of focus, there is something fishy as hell. Don't ask me how I know.  :RUEffinKiddingMe:
...mike

http://www.gibboncozadandwestern.com

Note: Images linked in my postings are on an HTTP server, not HTTPS. Enable "mixed content" in your browser to view.

There are over 1000 images on this server. Not changing anytime soon.

fredmoehrle

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 217
  • Respect: 0
Re: Torn
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2012, 01:35:07 PM »
0
BAR is one rail road I collect. :D
IMRC did announce the solid blue paint scheme, but cancelled it for lack of pre-orders. :?
But solid blue is pretty easy.
The closest match I've found, other then BAR blue, is the old testors dark blue bottle paint.
Fred

Kisatchie

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4180
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +63
Re: Torn
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2012, 01:45:33 PM »
0
...What other Class I would store their surplus power under tarps?

Way back in the 80's or 90's, Model railroader did an article showing how to wrap up "unused" motive power with tarps. Apparently, it's a common practice on the real railroads.


Hmm... my treehouse
refrigerator is busted. Guess
I'll wrap it up...


Two scientists create a teleportation ray, and they try it out on a cricket. They put the cricket on one of the two teleportation pads in the room, and they turn the ray on.
The cricket jumps across the room onto the other pad.
"It works! It works!"

bbussey

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9384
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +6189
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: Torn
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2012, 04:08:50 PM »
0
BAR was one cool RR. ...

They still are a cool railroad.  The Montreal, Maine & Atlantic (its current name under the current ownership) was extremely helpful in getting to me the original paint specs for the XIH State of Maine cars, which incredibly they still had on file, putting me in contact with the appropriate engineers at DuPont to confirm the modern day equivalent, and offering to send paint samples if needed.  Very nice folks all around.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 04:11:03 PM by bbussey »
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net
Bridgeport & New London in N scale


GimpLizard

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 551
  • Respect: +63
Re: Torn
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2012, 04:42:07 PM »
0
I seem to reall the MRR article. But I remember it being in reference to wrapping up a loco when being shipped on a flat car.

Why would a railroad load a locomotive on a flat car to deliver it? Danged if I know. I'm old now. My memory ain't that good no more. (Dee, look in to it, would ya?)