0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
I wonder if the worm is not so tight that you couldn't mount the motor firmly in a vice and, using a broken drill bit, drive the shaft through the worm and the motor armature with some very light tapping. (The motor will be ruined but so what.) Another thought would be to destroy the motor utterly by using a Dremel cutoff disc to slice right through the side of the motor just below the armature. From there you may be able to free the shaft and simply pull the worm and shaft out the bottom. (I confess that, without photos, this may all be quite useless.)
Half way down the page:http://www.zscale.org/articles/fivepole.html
I don't have that gear puller. I have a small one, but it won't fit on this chassis. Like I said if it was mine I would just remove the motor by breaking up the armature. Crush it with pliars and keep going till it all falls off. Maybe some of it would need to be ground away, but in the end you have the worm and a long shaft. You can trim the shaft to what you need and never even have to pull the worm.Sorry, but I still don't thing your tubing will work. I've never seen it done any way other than straight. You could try 2 bevel gears:http://www.gizmoszone.com/shopping/agora.cgi?product=Other_gear;ppinc=1aIf you order from them you may be interested in some 1mm shafts:http://www.gizmoszone.com/shopping/agora.cgi?product=Axles;ppinc=1aIf you replaced the chassis bushing with a short piece of brass or copper tube that would support the worm shaft. Like this, but shorter:https://picasaweb.google.com/ErieChris333/Nn3#5598960134071287954https://picasaweb.google.com/ErieChris333/Nn3#5599815433321977746