Author Topic: Kato Unitrack with "larger radii" doubletrack banked curves  (Read 1738 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

rogergperkins

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 854
  • Gender: Male
  • Modeling the B&O in central IL in autumn of 1940's
  • Respect: 0
0
http://www.katousa.com/images/unitrack/20-876.jpg
I have been using the Kato Unitrack with banked curves on my current layout even though my goal is to model the steam era.  I like it because of the fixed spacing of the double mainline.

Just learned that Kato USA website is listing another larger radius = 19" radius banked curve double track.

They are suggesting that it can be used with prior banked curves to create a 4 track mainline, but I am interested as a possible option for my current layout.

Apparently this has been available in the UK, but not US.

sundowner

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1266
  • Respect: +148
Re: Kato Unitrack with "larger radii" doubletrack banked curves
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 09:32:40 AM »
0
The track comes in the V16 set that has been out for a while, I got mine from Kline complete with Japanese market box. I have not used it yet but it fits the outside of the V11 set. I have not seen the individual track pieces but you can get them on e-bay from one of the Japanese vendor.
Which ever side of the track I am on is the right side.

One of One-Sixty

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1304
  • Respect: +3
Re: Kato Unitrack with "larger radii" doubletrack banked curves
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 01:15:03 PM »
0
Typically, anything released by Kato JP, gets released by Kato USA 2-6months afterwords, if it is a universal item such as the Unitram/Portram and building.

The same is typically true for the UK, but since there is no real Kato UK, it is all imported by M.G. Sharp Models, and most sellers on eBay usually import their stuff from the Japanese sellers on eBay at a marked up price. including BT Trains here in the US.

The number one delay in the releases believe it or not is due to the translation of the product materials from manual to the boxes.
“My deeds must be my life. When I am gone, they will speak for me.”- Stephen Girard

Modeling a modern Pennsylvania Railroad 1996-Present