As previously mentioned, I worked out all the bugs from my BLMA 89' flats by replacing the wheelsets with MTL low profile wheels. Although I have 24-30' radius curves and mostly #8 or #6 turnouts (Peco Code 55) I could not get these cars to go anywhere without derailing. Now they run flawlessly - even in front of a consist of 8 RC autoracks - pushed or pulled through reversed turnouts.
Now on to the Spine Cars, specifically the three unit cars. Same issue - they could almost not sit on my track without a gentle wind blowing them off. I replaced the wheels, which helped - but there is another issue. The trucks are attached to the body by sitting over a narrow tube which holds the screw which holds the wheel in. They are way too tight and most of the trucks cannot pivot under their own weight (plus their neighbor car) through any curve. They just go right over the rail.
I tried sanding off the paint on the tube, graphite lubricant and SLIGHTLY reaming the trucks - but the screw is a tiny one and too much reaming and it's not going to hold the truck on any longer.
Anyone have a better idea on these, or do you all just keep these in the boxes to look at.
Boy are they nice - and another compliment - as delicate as they look, they are very strongly made and easy to handle.
But I want them running!
- Lou