Author Topic: True Line Trains Paint - CN E9A Project (Need Help)  (Read 2347 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

flight2000

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 795
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +370
True Line Trains Paint - CN E9A Project (Need Help)
« on: June 11, 2012, 03:05:04 PM »
0
Does anyone have a good source for buying True Line Paints online?  I've run out of ideas and cannot seem to find what I'm looking for which is a bottle of 010010 Orange/Red #11 and 010014 Olive Green #11. 

I'm working on this:  http://www.railpictures.net/images/d1/9/1/3/4913.1089139260.jpg

...if I can find and get my hands on the right paint.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Brian
I've never met a covered hopper I didn't like.... :)
My (HO) NW Ohio Layout Feed: https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=57633.msg793742#msg793742

Hyperion

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 992
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +19
Re: True Line Trains Paint - CN E9A Project (Need Help)
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 03:15:38 PM »
0
Google only found one shop that carries them -- modeltrains.com

Their site claims they have them in-stock, but it doesn't look like the sort of site that's keeping anything remotely close to real-time inventory.
-Mark

coosvalley

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1427
  • Respect: +765
Re: True Line Trains Paint - CN E9A Project (Need Help)
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 04:15:19 PM »
0
Highball Graphics....

http://www.mgdecals.com/

kbj99

  • Guest
Re: True Line Trains Paint - CN E9A Project (Need Help)
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 04:19:59 PM »
0
I had that also, But Jim wont ship oversea's to Brian

flight2000

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 795
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +370
Re: True Line Trains Paint - CN E9A Project (Need Help)
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 04:32:44 PM »
0
Highball Graphics....

http://www.mgdecals.com/

Ya know, I've bought enough decals from him to stock a small store, but...  (edit:) I didn't see the TLT paint on his website, only the True Color Paints which are solvent based and definitely can't go by air.

I fired off an email to Kleins to see if they can special order it for me since they carry their freight cars.  They'll ship acrylic paints in a heartbeat and I've bought a small paint store from them since they are my normal supplier when it comes to that.  We'll see what they say.

Supposedly there are two shops here in Germany, but they're both 3.5 to 4 hours away, even on the autobahn where it's rare to be below 160 kmph... :o

Thanks,
Brian
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 04:36:19 PM by flight2000 »
I've never met a covered hopper I didn't like.... :)
My (HO) NW Ohio Layout Feed: https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=57633.msg793742#msg793742

rogergperkins

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 854
  • Gender: Male
  • Modeling the B&O in central IL in autumn of 1940's
  • Respect: 0
Re: True Line Trains Paint - CN E9A Project (Need Help)
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 04:53:07 PM »
0

There is a shop in Dusseldorf that has a lot of model railroad items.
Menzel's Lokschuppen & Toff Toff (sorry cannot do umlaut over the o's)
on Friedrisch Strasse.
 know if about a block from the Holiday Inn.

flight2000

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 795
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +370
Re: True Line Trains Paint - CN E9A Project (Need Help)
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 05:10:55 PM »
0
There is a shop in Dusseldorf that has a lot of model railroad items.
Menzel's Lokschuppen & Toff Toff (sorry cannot do umlaut over the o's)
on Friedrisch Strasse.
 know if about a block from the Holiday Inn.

That's only about 220 KM North of me, straight up the A3.  Might be worth a day trip.  We can stop at Cologne on the way up or back to keep the family happy.

Thanks,
Brian
I've never met a covered hopper I didn't like.... :)
My (HO) NW Ohio Layout Feed: https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=57633.msg793742#msg793742

flight2000

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 795
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +370
Re: True Line Trains Paint - CN E9A Project (Need Help)
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 05:15:20 AM »
0
Problem solved, sort of.  I ended up using a friend that I've done work for to buy the paint from his LHS.  He travels to Germany at the end of the month on business, so the timing worked out really nicely.   

Kleins wrote back and they are going to look into carrying their paint when their next order comes up from TLT.  Not sure if they will, but at least they are open to the idea. 

Brian
I've never met a covered hopper I didn't like.... :)
My (HO) NW Ohio Layout Feed: https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=57633.msg793742#msg793742

rogergperkins

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 854
  • Gender: Male
  • Modeling the B&O in central IL in autumn of 1940's
  • Respect: 0
Re: True Line Trains Paint - CN E9A Project (Need Help)
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 09:54:23 AM »
0
I suggested the store in Dusseldorf because I thought they do mail order business.  They have an e-mail address and website.

flight2000

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 795
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +370
Re: True Line Trains Paint - CN E9A Project (Need Help)
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 10:49:18 AM »
0
Got a note from Shane this morning that Kleins is going to start carrying the TLT paint line.   :D   He said it should be in with their next shipment from TLT, so keep an eye on the website if you're in need of their paints.

Brian
I've never met a covered hopper I didn't like.... :)
My (HO) NW Ohio Layout Feed: https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=57633.msg793742#msg793742

flight2000

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 795
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +370
Re: True Line Trains Paint - CN E9A Project (Need Help)
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2012, 10:52:48 AM »
0
I suggested the store in Dusseldorf because I thought they do mail order business.  They have an e-mail address and website.

They do from what I can make out on their website, but I couldn't find the paint line in there.  I'd rather avoid the 19% VAT if I can help it, the paints are already expensive to begin with.  I do monthly bulk purchases from Kleins to offset shipping costs, which are still cheaper than the cost to have it mailed from a store in Germany to the house instead of using the APO system.

Thanks,
Brian
I've never met a covered hopper I didn't like.... :)
My (HO) NW Ohio Layout Feed: https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=57633.msg793742#msg793742