This is the heavy, brass-geared rocket with huge flanges? It will pull very well, and last forever.
I loved it in 1977 or so, when it cost $10. Not so much today.
I've found that I can fit nearly any F shell onto nearly any F mechanism with a bit of fiddling. Sometimes I have to grind a bit; at others I need styrene pads between the shell and the mechanism. This also goes for E, FA and PA shells on their respective mechanisms. But I've never had a snap-off, snap-on event between makers.
I haven't tried a modern F shell, such as IM, onto the old mechanism because there was no point. But I have fitted Bachman F-7s onto Lifelike GP-20s, although the 1-foot difference in wheelbase was a problem. My Minitrix shell, IIRC, was larger (wider) than others.
The Minitrix shell always looked too tall to me, so I never paid attention to it once I went to DCC.