Author Topic: Interurbans  (Read 1128 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Lehmannmws82

  • Guest
Interurbans
« on: April 19, 2011, 05:52:01 PM »
0
Any one do a little interurban modeling on the board? I got to looking at the new Bachmann trolly car and it looks like it would be a good place to kit bash something or at least do a little fantasy licences to pull around a boxcar or 2.... I know the interurbans were huge in Iowa (where i live), so I think it would be fun.

Any one got some photos or anything to share, maybe some words of wisdom?

Bob Bufkin

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6397
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +44
Re: Interurbans
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 05:59:41 PM »
0
A good start would also be to find one of the old Bachmann doodlebugs to convert into an interurban type.  Add trolley or cat pole redo the sides, etc.  This would be a great idea for a small layout.

David Leonard

  • Guest
Re: Interurbans
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 07:23:23 PM »
0
You may want to check out this site: http://www.miniaturesbyeric.com/itmidx2.htm

wm3798

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 16564
  • Gender: Male
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +7455
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Re: Interurbans
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 09:17:05 PM »
0
Hagerstown and Frederick pulled up the WM at Thurmont, but that's not the end of the railway I'm modeling (or the era).  Made for a nice scene, though.  The Thurmont section of the WMRHS museum N scale includes a static H&F car... 

Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net